decorating - luke

- please note there is already furniture in the house so it's not like their sleeping on the floor it's just a bit crusty dusty k

moving in with luke was the best thing in the world - and when he told you, you were over the moon.

however, the house was absolutely massive, but also really old, so decorating would play a key part in actually being able to live with him.

-

"so what colour are we doing our room?" luke asked as you two both sat in mcdonalds.

"how about black and white? something modern." you propose.

"can't we have like blue or something?"

"no! that would look weird."

"how do you know?"

"because i do!" you sighed, eating a chicken nugget.

"what about the bathroom? the living room? (y/n), do you realise how much decorating we have to do?! there's more than one bedroom for a start!" luke raises his voice, earning stares from around the restaurant.

"how about we do one, say, pastel blue and white, then the other black and white? and then decided which one we want to be ours." you suggested, sipping your drink.

he pondered in thought for a second, before grinning widely, nodding and agreeing with your idea.

-

you came home with buckets full of paint, boxes full of wallpaper - everything you needed. the flooring and windows had already been done, so you needed to paint and that's all.

all the furniture you wanted had been delivered as well, as you both wanted - and well, needed - a new bed.

"are you sure we don't need the boys help?" you ask look, a teasing grin on your face as he rolls your eyes.

"hey! i told you i know what im doing!" he giggled, grabbing a tin of paint.

"luke?"

"yeah?"

"you have to peel of the wallpaper before you uh, paint. like i did, over there." you say, pointing to the perfectly blank wall on the other side of the room. he sighed, muttering to himself as he began to strip the wall free of paper. you, on the other hand, picked up a tin of black paint and worked on the wall, bit by bit. you decided on doing the black and white room first.

you had just happened to get a black carpet in this room as well, so everything would match perfectly. white carpet was too risky, so you ended up picking black.

after you had finished painting at least half of your wall in matte black paint, luke had finally removed every inch of wallpaper.

"give me the paint, babe." luke mumbled, grabbing a paintbrush.

"use a roller, luke, then use a brush for the edges." giggling at him, you pass luke the paint, him almost dropping it everywhere in the process.

"shit! luke! do you see why we put newspaper down?"

"sorry! pass it to me better next time."

"dick" you chuckle under your breath. luke starts humming a song, painting the wall.

"what was that, (y/n)?" luke says, still painting the wall.

"nothing, babe."

"you sure about that?"

"yup." you smile to yourself.

it was silent for a while, both of you painting the walls as best you could, although luke would occasionally curse to himself or start humming another tune.

-

after another couple of hours of painting, the doorbell rang.

"who's that?" luke muttered.

"if you open the door you'll find out, huh?" teasing him again, you ponder out and down the large staircase and open the door, only to be greeted by ashton, michael and calum, all with massive bags of shopping.

"luke! get your arse down here!" you screech up to your boyfriend, who soon comes downstairs.

"how much shit did you buy?!" luke exclaims, glancing at the bags in the boys hands.

"chill out, the majority of its food, but there's some like, house stuff, in there." ashton beams, sitting down on the sofa.

"pizza!" michael yelled, dishing out boxes of hot pizza.

"your a life saver, i swear to god michael" you wink at him playfully and he winks back.

"so" calum said, in between bites "how's the decorating going?"

"i mean, great, ive done the most work." luke pipes up, making you roll your eyes.

"sure, whatever you say" you sigh, taking a bite of pepperoni pizza. "you were going to paint over the wallpaper!"

"well luckily i had my girlfriend here to help me huh." luke wraps his arms around you and places a slobbery, greasy kiss on your cheek.

"luke! that's disgusting." grimacing, you wipe your cheek, only for him to kiss behind your ear and down your neck.

"that's enough you two." ashton clears his throat.

"sorry mum." luke sneers, pulling away from your neck but keeping his arm tightly secured around you.

-
"luke! you've fucked it up!" you scream at him.

"how have i?!"

luke ended up using two different shades of black - even when you specifically told him which paint to use and which paint to not.

"look at it!" you say, frustrated.

"what about it - oh..." luke pauses, realising what he's done. "just paint over it, or something. put the telly there! or a bookcase, how about some shelves?"

"for fucks sake!" as you went to storm out of the room luke grabs you from behind.

"baby? calm down, what's the matter?"

"i don't know, i just, i wanted this all to be perfect for you! and i haven't even helped, if i had got rid of the wrong paint this wouldn't of happened! you've worked so incredibly hard luke, and you still do - you don't stop working! you come home from tour after writing a whole fucking album, go through the stress of buying a house and then paint for the rest of the month! you deserve better than me-"

luke hugs you tighter, and kisses down your neck again, spinning you around so he can plant a soft kiss on your lips. he tangles one hand in your hair, the other on the small of your back. you hum in delight, while he pushes you flat against the wall.

grabbing his waist, you grip onto him tightly. he pushes you further into the wall, deepening the kiss.

"shit-luke, get off." you mumble in between kisses, but he didn't hear you.

"luke?"

"luke!"

he jumps off of you in surprise, a glint fear and worry in his eyes.

"what is it baby, did i hurt you? did i cross a line - baby i am so sorry baby-"

"calm down." you say, catching your breath. "the paint is still wet, you dumbass!"

luke looks at you in disbelief, then starts giggling, and you join along.

"your so fucking clumsy, luke." you sigh, resting your forehead against his.

"yeah but, i love you, and it was for a good reason. a reason that we should continue later." he added with a sharp wink.

"fucking hell, i love you." you say, kissing his lips again.

"i love you too, (y/n.)"