time off - calum

•this is a mess soooo yeh also i wrote half of this then copied it as my internet kept dropping out and i ended up pasting it all in the middle of a sentence so sorry if things are repeated!!!

"you fucking cheated?!" you heard calum shout as he raced down the stairs, eyes dark with anger.

"what the fuck?! no!" shouting back you realise his phone in his hand.

"it's all over twitter, (y/n)! and instagram! and snapchat! am i not good enough for you?!"

"i haven't fucking cheated, calum! im pretty sure you have, though. you see one tweet about me supposedly cheating, i see thousands and thousands! how am i supposed to believe you when you deny it?!"

"because i haven't cheated, for fucks sake! look, there's pictures."

calum throws you his phone. knowing the password, you unlock it, opening twitter and seeing photos of you and another guy, hugging. that other guy being your cousin.

"that's my fucking cousin, calum!" you screech. "im going to bed." as you jump up from your spot on the couch you throw the phone back at him, before storming up the stairs and into your shared bedroom, slamming the door.

-

you wake up to cold air, calum no where in sight; not even his clothes were chucked on the floor. getting out of bed slowly, you jump in the shower.

throwing on a shirt of yours and some skinny jeans, you walk downstairs to realise that calum had gone to work. there was no note, though, but he usually left for the studio around eight, and it was past nine already.

you stayed at home all day. the atmosphere was gloomy; it was pouring down with rain outside, the sky grey and dull. binge-watching netflix was all you did, and it was kind of fun, if you told the truth.

-

you wake up to cold air, calum no where in sight; not even his clothes were chucked on the floor. getting out of bed slowly, you jump in the shower.

throwing on a shirt of yours and some skinny jeans, you walk downstairs to realise that calum had gone to work. there was no note, though, but he usually left for the studio around eight, and it was past nine already.

you stayed at home all day. the atmosphere was gloomy; it was pouring down with rain outside, the sky grey and dull. binge-watching netflix was all you did, and it was kind of fun, if you told the truth.

-

you hear calum's voice from outside the front door, obviously on the phone.

"nah, im home now. gotta deal with (y/n)." he laughed to whoever he was talking to. "wonder if she's actually done anything productive today instead of sitting down and letting me earn all the money."

you sat there, flicking off the tv. calum seemed to end the phone call as you didn't hear anything after that, until he walked into the door.

"what do you mean i let you earn all the money, then?" you start.

"well, i mean, im not wrong, am i?"

"the fuck? i have a job, calum, it just doesn't earn as much money as your job does!" you seethe, standing up. "i don't rely on you for all the money, calum, im trying here!"

"really? i don't fucking see it! i work pretty much 24/7, (y/n)! i go to the studio sometimes at half five in the morning, end up doing some sort of press interview, get hone at way past eleven and then write songs or send out multiple emails as soon as i get back!"

"i call fucking bullshit, calum! i work five days a week, sometime six. along with that, i make you lunch, breakfast and dinner, make sure the house isn't a mess - i do everything for you! why don't you fucking see that!"

calum remains silent, before picking up his backpack once more.

"i-i think we need to take a break." he breathes.

"what?"

"i can't keep going with you like this (y/n), we can't. it's not working. we aren't working, and i want us to work so badly, but we aren't." calum grabs his keys from the counter. "ill see you later, (y/n)."

and with that, he was gone.

-

three weeks later

it was awful.

being alone, without calum. he was staying with the boys, and insisted you should stay in the house. so you did.

sleeping in his bed, using his bathroom, drinking coffee from his coffee machine in his mug. every single little thing reminded you of him.

you had texted him a few times, but he had simply ignored it, or giving a one-word answer.

the boys had spoken to you too, only a little though. they were busy with press and interviews and photo shoots.

it had almost been four weeks since you last spoke to him and your heart ached incredibly. you missed his dark locks, his stunning body, tanned skin, hazel eyes, his laugh, his smile, his gorgeous, plump pink lips that you would give anything to kiss again.

you were sat watching the telly after a long day of work. you got home at just past nine, immediately ordering pizza and grabbing a blanket to snuggle with on the sofa while you watched multiple films.

halfway through a pepperoni pizza and mean girls you were interrupted by a knock on the door. you kicked off the grey blanket, shivering at the cold air. in just a band t-shirt (which was one of calum's, you just couldn't resist) and black shorts you opened the door. calum.

without thinking, you jumped into his arms, burying your head into his shoulder as you squeezed him tight. he didn't do the same though.

you finally let go.

"calum."

"(y/n)." he replied.

"y-you aren't breaking up with me, are you? i can go and stay with a friend, if you wa-"

calum cut you off by pulling you into a bone-crushing hug, swaying you side to side before pulling away. he looked you in the eye, before smirking and pressing his lips against yours. it wasn't gentle, it was rough and needy, like he hadn't kissed you a million years. which is what it felt like, if you were honest.

calum took his lips off of yours, pulling you in for another hug. his body starts to shake, and you can hear small, muffled sobs.

"baby, why are you crying?" you caress his cheek, wiping away a single tear with the pad of your thumb, which was sadly followed by many more.

"i missed you so much, baby, i couldn't take not seeing your gorgeous face for much longer and not hearing your laugh or seeing your smile and i love you so much baby and im so sorry for everything an-"

"cal, it's okay, your okay, we're okay. i love you."