one sided crush - calum

•you like him, he doesn't like you. this is really shitty sorry im really tired egh

-

it was sunday, so no alarm went off to wake you up, which was the best. as your eyelids fluttered open you rolled over to grab your phone from your nightstand.

no texts from him. which was weird, as you texted him last night. as you opened the message you noticed read 21:30.

switching off your phone you roll back over into bed. you had the biggest crush on calum. he was in the majority of your classes, and when you joined the school he actually tried to talk to you, but you were too shy to do anything.

he hasn't said anything to you after that first week, and you were beginning to hate yourself for not talking to him properly. you had his social media and occasionally texted him, not too much, just to try and strike up a conversation about who knows what.

you liked calum, you really did. he was absolutely stunning. but also one of the most popular people in the entire school.

if you were confident enough, you would go up and talk to him. but you just couldn't, and that annoyed you the most. other than the fact he always left you on read.

liking someone who has absolutely no interest in you almost hurts more than a breakup. you try to maybe even become their friend if you aren't already, and they just push you away. it's one of the worst things; being pushed away.

-

"ugh, english. i hate it." one of your best friends, andrew, mumbles, putting his phone in his pocket.

"it's not that bad." you say.

"only because calum sits near you. he doesn't even sit next to you, and i swear you turn to look at him like all the time." your other friend, tabitha, joins in.

"oh, shut up." you roll your eyes and lean against your locker, waiting for the bell to ring. once it finally does, you wander off to english with your friends.

as you sit in your seat and get out your books, the chatter is interrupted by the door swinging open. in walked calum, with his friends, ashton, luke and michael.

"hood, irwin, hemmings and clifford. you four are all late, that's a mark." the teacher, mr. styles, glares at the four boys who chuckle and head to their seats.

calum sits not next to you, but the seat after you. he pulls out his book and grabs a pen, scribbling down the date and starts doing the work.

chatter arose again, mr. styles sitting away typing various emails out on his laptop. you spun around in your seat, facing andrew and tabitha, who both sat next to each other, you sat on your own.

"wow, im surprised you turned around instead of staring at calum." andrew smirked.

"wait, didn't you hear?" tabitha spoke, eyes wide.

"what?" you and andrew both say in unison.

"calum likes mia, (y/n)."