wanted you - calum

inspired by joji - wanted you.

"

-

school was a drag.

you did enjoy it, most of the time though, seeing friends and messing around. but it just got so boring. you hadn't had a boyfriend in what felt like forever, and everyone else was getting with someone or in some sort of relationship.

however, you had been best friends with calum hood for quite a while now - not best best friends, but close enough to the point where you could spend a whole day with him and it wouldn't be awkard. you adored your other friends, though.

but sometimes, you felt like you wanted to consider calum more than a friend. it wouldn't happen, though, because you always knew he had some sort of girl in his dms who he would talk to. and that upset you, but you couldn't stop him from talking to people. you always gave him your opinion on something if he asked you, though.

calum was fucking gorgeous - you had to admit, although any girl would. tan skin, dark hair, a nice body - which you always thought of as an extra, as you would always go for personality first. his laugh was contagious and his eyes were a deep, sparkling brown.

you wanted to tell him how you felt, and if you had a pound for however many times you hovered your thumb over that call button then clicked off, you would be fucking rich.

if only he knew, you wished he would take the hint. that boy was oblivious to everything, though, despite how smart he was.

it was hard, though. you couldn't work out if it was some silly crush, or some true type of feeling that you had no idea what to call.

-

as you tucked yourself under the warm covers of your bed, you fell asleep in a split second, slumber engulfing you, all the worries of the day disappearing into the night sky.

and little did you know, calum had pressed that call button on your contact, and you would only wake up to find a little voicemail waiting for you on your phone.

"hey (y/n), it's me, calum. i mean, obviously you know it's me - you have my number - but whatever. this is hard for me, but, um, i just wanted to say, that it's taken me a while, maybe my whole life and i just haven't realised, but now i know ive always wanted you."

-

CRINGEY BOYS BUT ILYASM THANK YOU FOR 18K WHOOPO XXX