gotta get out - ashton

you glanced at the clock - 10:31pm. ashton had left for work at 4:30am this morning, and he hadnt answered a single call, text or even an email. the other boys hadn't answered you either.

it was a stupid assumption, but you had an idea he was cheating. things hadn't been the same with the whole entire relationship you two kept up, and he had been drifting rapidly. ashton was coming to bed at midnight and leaving six hours later, you waking up alone.

although, you felt selfish. waking up alone isn't a big deal, and he had to do it for work. jumping to conclusions was stupid, but you had a shitty feeling that one day you would come home from work to him snogging the life out of another girl.

half an hour had passed, it now being a few minutes past eleven. switching off the tv, you started locking up. after flicking the last light switch off, you wandered upstairs to bed.

tucking yourself under the fluffy white covers, you began to drift off to sleep, alone. just thinking about it almost made you cry. you were gonna loose him, he was going to slip out of your grip and their was nothing you could do.

-

beep. beep. beep.

your eyes fluttered open after hearing the monotonous sound of your alarm. rolling over to flick it off, you swing your legs over the edge of the bed and hop out. that's when you realised - ashton never came home. his dirty clothes weren't crumpled on the floor, the shower wasn't used and his side of the bed wasn't as messy as yours.

snatching your phone off of the nightstand, you immediately dial his number - welcomed by his answerphone.

fuck.

you dialled luke, michael, and then calum - no answer whatsoever. rushing out of bed, you pulled on one of ashtons graphic tshirts and a pair of skinny jeans that you probably hadn't washed in weeks.

sliding on a pair of ashtons vans, you grab your keys, wallet and phone, before rushing out of the door.

after almost speeding your way to lukes house, you pounded on the door repeatedly, yelling.

"jesus, (y/n), calm the fuck down." the door swang open to reveal not luke, but michael, his hair messy and ruffled, only dressed in an old tshirt and sweatpants.

"is ashton in there?" you pant, voice croaky and dry from shouting.

"yeah, he's upstairs." michael mumbled, rubbing his eyes and opening the door wider, letting you in.

you stumble into lukes house, kicking your shoes off and running up the stairs. you had no clue what room ashton was in, but took a guess and succeeded.

he was fast asleep, his dark blonde curls tousled, covering half of his face. his long, dark eyelashes brushed against his rosy cheeks, while he breathed softly, snuggled under the covers.

"ashton? ashton? ash! wake up!" as you shook him vigorously, his eyes flickering open, a frown forming on his face.

"(y/n)? w-why are you here?" he grumbled groggily, rubbing his eyes.

"why am i here?!" you said hysterically, raising your voice slightly. "im here because i was fucking worried sick! every night for the past two weeks you come home past midnight, and leave way too early in the morning! what possibly are you doing that requires you to wake up at half past four in the morning and to come home past twelve in the morning! that's a lot of work! are you even working, though? are you fucking cheating on me? fucking hell, ashton, i called you fifteen times last night and the same goes for the boys! i got absolutely no fucking answer! you know what, ash? im done with your shit!" you screech. michael, luke and calum had burst into the room. ashton sunk down even lower into the bed, his gorgeous eyes now glossy and turning red and puffy.

"done?" he croaked out, his voice cracking as he spoke, causing your heart to sink.

"look, come home when you want to, i don't care. done or not done, whatever you want." you sigh.

"we can't be d-done! ive r-ruined it all!" he tripped over his words, now in full tears.

"(y/n), i think you need to leave." calum mumbled.

-

it had been three weeks since you last spoke - or shouted - to ashton. your heart hurt like hell, but you managed to drag yourself to work every day. you were emotionally and physically drained, and missed ashton more than anything in the world.

your thoughts came to an abrupt crash when you heard the doorbell ring. jumping up from your spot on the sofa, you pull open the door. ashton.

"h-hi, (y/n), i needed to get some of my stuff." ashton muttered, playing with his fingers and looking down at his shoes, his voice cracked and dry.

"wait - ash." he walks in and you go to stop him, but he pushes past you and up the stairs, you deciding to follow him.

"ash, just kick me out, this is your house, not mine." you hum.

"you deserve a nice place, (y/n). im sorry for coming home late, im sorry for not calling you back. i wouldn't even think of cheating on you, (y/n). ive been so busy with writing a new album, and i should of told you before, sorry. i feel horrible - ive made you unhappy, a-and now you d-don't l-love me anymore, i don't e-even know if you l-loved me in the f-f-first p-place." that's when he broke down. ashton collapsed to the floor, dropping everything he picked up. he was screaming, crying, sobbing, pushing his face into the side of the bed to try and muffle his cries, but it didnt work at all.

"baby, come here." you sat down beside him, pulling him into your arms, squeezing him tightly. he sobbed into your shoulder instead, soaking your shirt but you didn't care.

running your hands through his hair which felt like he hadn't washed in pretty much the three weeks you hadn't seen him seemed to calm him down slightly, but his breathing was still quick and he choked on every sob that came out.

"hey, look at me baby." you place a finger under his chin and make him look at you. "none of this is your fault, ashton. it's me, it's all me, every problem in this relationship is my fault. im just selfish, and i regret everything i said to you."

"it's just the s-stress, all of its g-gotten too m-much." ashton cried.

"i have an idea. let's run away."

"i can't!"

"sure you can, why not?" you say, still massaging his hair.

"because im famous, and people will recognise me, and i have work to do."

"fuck the work - just an island, just the two of us, just peace."

"won't the boys file a missing report?"

"well, probably, but leave a note or something. come on, pack a bag." you mumble before pressing a soft kiss to his lips, which he happily returned. you deepened the kiss gently, pushing him against the side of the bed, crawling into his lap.

you pull away quickly, though. "come on, the next flight is in an hour, we can finish this later."