broken - michael

•this ones a tad shitty be warned!!!

tears streamed down your face as you heard the words slip out of his mouth.

"i can't be with you anymore, (y/n). we're done, sorry." your now ex-boyfriend, jace, said. he said it so easily. who knew throwing away three years would be easy.

"b-but why?" you stammer.

"i fell out of love, (y/n). im sorry, it happens. i packed my stuff, uh, ill see you." jace grabs his suitcase, phone, keys and wallet before walking out of the door.

black tears still continued to roll. you fell onto the couch, sobbing lightly, curling up into a ball. after a while, your phone starts to ring.

getting up to grab it off of the kitchen counter, you wipe your tears and try to calm down, even though the person calling won't be able to see you crying.

it was your best friend, michael. picking it up, you croaked out a 'hi.'

"(y/n)." he cried though the phone. your heart sank. you hated when he cried.

"m-michael, what's wrong?" you say, trying not to choke on your own tears.

"elise broke up with me."

you took a deep breath.

"j-jace just broke up with me, too." your words turn into muffled cries. "ill be over in t-ten, yeah?"

michael agreed, so you grabbed as much food as you could and stuffed it into your bag, along with a few drinks, your keys, phone and purse. you didn't live far from michael at all, so you practically sprinted down the road, tears falling from your eyes every second.

knocking on the door he opened it immediately. you took one look at his red, puffy eyes and swollen lips, pulling him in for a hug as soon as you saw him upset. he kicked the door shut and took your bags from you, wrapping his arms around you and resting in your embrace.

you stayed like that for about three minutes, both crying into each others shoulder. both of you were crushed.

michael grabbed a few blankets and pillows, chucking them on the couch. flicking off the lights he turned on the tv, clicking on american horror story. he plopped onto the sofa and pulled you down with him, you instantly cuddling into his side.

you let the tears fall freely, and so did he. neither of you could focus on the telly in front of you.

"a-are you okay?" michael said, his voice rough and dry from crying.

"no." croakily, you answered him. "are you?"

"nope." small sobs came from his pink, plump lips.

"how do you feel, mikey?"

"broken."

"let's be broken together."

-

michael's loud sobbing, which he tried to muffle, awoke you from your slumber. you had gone to bed three hours ago, both deciding to sleep in the same bed.

"hey, hey, what's the matter." you hush, wrapping your arms around his clothed torso.

"n-no one fucking l-loves me anymore, (y/n). i-i thought she was the one. i w-was gonna p-propose this weekend." he cried louder into your shirt, staining it with tears, but you couldn't care less.

"oh, mikey." you press a soft kiss to his hair. he pulls back, wiping his eyes. it was pitch black, but you could almost see him crying.

it ripped your heart apart even further, if that was possible, seeing him cry. you wanted to make him feel better, happy. he was absolutely destroyed, just like you.

just as you were about to lay back down, michael pulled you into his chest. he pushed your hair out of your face.

"broken, together."