Chapter 17

Four days. It's been four days and my plan is still waiting to be put into action. It's been hell living with Andrew. He was getting impatient with me, and every time I did something to tick him off he would punish me with his blood. I've also been using my blood against him whenever he was close to me. Apparently, since I am linked to a Slade, my blood is harmful to any other Vampire or Pureblood. I guess that is a way to keep a Slade's Vampire safe.

"If you touch me again, I will smear some of my blood on your skin." I hissed as I rolled away from Andrew. I cannot get over the fact that he forced some of his blood to drip on my skin. Now, I have ugly burn marks on my once-perfect stomach and on the top of my thighs.

I heard a tormented sigh from behind, but I did not turn. "Such coldness. I love it." he sighed again, this time it sounded like a dreamy sigh.

I made a face and said, "Whatever's in your head, get it out, Old Man."

"She's so cold." he sighed once again. "That aside, there's a ball tonight and since we are meeting the King, I need you to behave."

I stilled. A ball? The King?

"Who'll be there?" I asked, curiosity coating my voice.

"Every Pureblood and their Vampires. Every... Slade."

The way Andrew spoke seemed as if he was holding something back. His voice sounded so far and heavy.

"We're going." I spoke too quickly.

There was a heavy pause in the room. The silence was so strong, it was almost unbearable.

"I suppose we are. After all, the King wants everyone there for his birthday." Andrew broke the silence.

I stood up from the couch and stretched my bones, hearing a few pops here and there. I was going to spend the time to my pleasure, putting my plan into consideration and finalising every move. Tonight— if I'm lucky— I'll get to complete my revenge.

The day ended quickly— probably because I spent it to myself. I stood before the mirror looking very elegant, very alluring.

I was dressed into a strapless black ballgown. It had a heart-shaped neckline and it was backless, revealing a fair amount of skin. The dress hugged my upper body tightly with its smooth satin fabric, but it puffed out, swirled and curved from my waist and downwards. It was simple, yet exquisite and quite frankly, it looked like a black wedding dress. To accompany the delicious black colour, I wore red elbow-length satin gloves. My lipstick was a shiny red and my eyeshadow was a smokey night black that complimented my creamy skin and black eyes. My hair was lifted up into a sophisticated Updo above my head, leaving only two curled strands to fall out from the sides of my head. My jewellery was all red— red pearls. The necklace and earrings.