Chapter 28

When Sebastian came back exactly a day after, he was angrier than a starving Vampire. If Jay and especially I hadn't stood in his way, Sophie would've been buried underground by now. Sophie and I tried to explain to Sebastian that it was just a joke, but he didn't believe us, not when her scent was all over me.

It's fair to say that Sophie got out of this with Sebastian's Slade side manipulating her mind. I think Sophie will not be visiting for a while, not when Sebastian would be hunting her butt if he sees her.

I, on the other hand, received a pleasurable torture. First, Sebastian fed me the Witch's blood he collected— the female Witch produced a fight when she saw her true enemy, but because it was Sebastian Slade we're talking about, she didn't exactly have a choice— and after that I felt like the Vampire Jewel again. Second, Sebastian brought me a Vampire to feed on to get rid of the Witch's blood inside me. Then, he drank my blood and left his unhealed bites on me everywhere, just to assure him that I was still his and keep his mind at ease.

Both sides of my neck, my shoulders and my chest were covered in his bites. And after that, I think it's quite clear what he and I had ended up doing.

Now it's the middle of the night, and I am laying in bed, snuggling into Sebastian's naked chest whilst one of his solid arms was snaked over my waist, keeping me very close to him. Sebastian told me that he could never sleep peacefully if I wasn't in his arms.

He looked so sensual, his luscious red lips parted the slightest bit as he inhaled and exhaled silently. His dark, thick eyelashes veiled his night-black eyes and brushed against his skin. His pure black, silky hair was deliciously messy— proudly caused by the running and tugging of my fingers. His tanned skin was warm, generously giving some heat to me.

And my favourite, his heartbeat. It was calm yet wild, as though it knew I was close to its owner. Even though he was asleep, each time I traced the muscular outlines of his chest or abs, his heartbeat would jump, his skin would become warmer and he would whine seductively. He is so breathtaking in his sleep— even more so when he's awake— but just looking at his sleeping face brought a side of me that wanted to protect him, because he looked so defenceless and innocent in his sleep.

But Sebastian, defenceless and innocent are three things that never mix.

I continued watching his sleeping face until morning— good thing that Vampires don't sleep because I would've missed out on this sleeping beauty. When I thought it was time to wake Sleeping Beauty up, I came up with a lovely idea.

I held a long piece of my hair and guided it to his ear, using it as a feather. I tickled his ear gently, grinning when I saw his eyebrows twitch and knit together beautifully. I did it again, and when his hand on my waist flew up to hold my wrist, his eyes snapped open and I saw the confusion they held in them. His heart thudded moderately, as though he was on the watch for anything out of place.

When he saw the victorious grin on my face, he groaned exhaustedly and closed his eyes again, trying to go back to sleep but I won't let him do that.

"What do you want?" he whined, tugging me closer to his chest as his arm tightened. Since he restricted my movement, I drew my lips closer to his smooth chest and gave his flesh a teasing lick. Sebastian hissed, and in a sudden he had me pinned under him. He looked irritated, yet delicious in this early morning.