Prologue ✔

[Edited]

2Years ago

"You bitch!"

"You know you love me,"

"You said I looked fat in this dress! How can you say that 'I love you'?" Lydia says squinting her eyes at me. She has on a nice strapless, white slimming dress that contrasts greatly with her golden tanned skin. I'm envious of her. She has the pretty blonde hair, hourglass figure, and guys practically worshipping the ground she walks on.

"Hey, don't looks so glum, it's my birthday! I know you where kidding!" She says with a dismissive way of her hand as she turns back to the mirror applying lipstick.

"Now here let me put on some make-up on you for the party!" She says looking at me with excitement, while setting the make-up out. I plop in the chair facing the mirror.

"Why didn't you just have a birthday party of you own?" I ask as she ushers me to close my eyes. I do as she says and here her sigh.

"My parents might be super chill, but they wouldn't let me have a party that could possible destroy the house," She says with a laugh.

"Yeah, you're right," I say with a small chuckle. She finishes my makeup and I open my eyes looking in the mirror again.

"There, you look pretty. I mean you looked pretty before but, gah! You know what I mean," She laughs grabbing her purse from her bed.

"Yeah I know and oh! I almost forgot...your birthday present," I say handing her a small box from my purse.

She opens it and a smile spreads on her face, as he eyes glow as she looks at it.

"I love it!" She exclaims pulling the Best Friend neckless. She holds it up examining the silver chain that has a charm that says 'Best' on it. I pull the half from my purse that says 'Friend'.

"This is amazing Em! I love it. Here, help me put it on," She says handing me the neckless. I clasp it on and she does the same for me.

We stand in front of the mirror giving ourselves a one more once over.

"You look great Em," She says as she steps into her heals. I playfully roll my eyes at her.

"You look great too Lydia, but I don't know how you wear those," I say looking down at her 5 inch heals. I know my clumsy butt would never be able to walk in something like those. That's why I just stick to flats. But me being me, I would probably still trip on nothing.

"I've had lots of practice," She simply says as she walks to me.

"Now I'm tall," She giggles as she clasps the buckle on the shoes. I roll my eyes at her. She slightly taller than me without heals, now she is even taller.

I glance at the clock on her nightstand and notice it's 8:45. The party is 20 minutes from here and it starts at 9.

"Hey, we are gonna be late if you don't stop looking at yourself in the mirror," I laugh quickly heading down the stairs. I hear he heals click on the floor and here her groan.

"Okay this is the only bad thing about heals," She says taking slow steps down the stairs. I stifle a laugh as she struggles to come down the stairs.

"Keep it up, Em," She says as she gets to the last step.

"We are gonna be late because of you Lydia," I say to her. Just then her mom walks in and smiles widely at the two of us.

"You guys look so beautiful!" She says giving us a hug.

"Be home by 12 girls, and please don't do any drugs, I mean it, and us protection, I don't want to be a grandma yet," She jokes with a laugh. Lydia stares wide eyed at her mother as she flushes red from embarrassment.

"Mom, come one!" She says shaking her head in disbelief.

"Hey, I need to inform you of this stuff, someone has too," She says giving Lydia another squeezing hug.

"I love you honey," She says as she releases her. Her mom glances at her wristwatch.

"You better get going before you are late," she says ushering us out the door.

"Have fun girls!" She yells as she shuts the door. Lydia lets out a huff before pulling her keys from her purse.

"Your mom is so funny," I say, stifling a laugh.

"Shut up Em," She mumbles.

We hop into her new car. She got as an early birthday present. I'm not gonna beat around the bush, her family is super rich. She doesn't flaunt it like most girls at our school, which kinda makes me wonder, why she would want to be friends with me instead of the poplar girls but I'm glad I have her.

I can still smell the new car smell. She starts the car backing out of the driveway. She starts driving down the road and turn on a random radio station.

I get lost in my thought as I start to fiddle with my fingers. I'm getting nervous, like really nervous. It's my first party after all. What if trip and or do something really embarrassing? What if a guy tries to talk to me? I've never even talk to guys like that. I've never had a boyfriend and I've come to think it will always be that way. Based on my looks compared to Lydia. My skin is pale, and I have straight jet black hair. We are opposites when it comes to appearances. I never really try to impress people with my outfits. I dress comfortably.

I pull from my thoughts when a some song comes on the radio that is terrible.

"I love this song!" Lydia exclaims. I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Seriously?" I say in disbelief with a playful scoff.

"What? You don't like it?" She asks.

"Yeah it sucks," I laugh changing the radio station.

"Hey!" She exclaims turning it back. I change it again and she narrows her eyes at me challengingly, before changing it again. I change it again and it goes back and forth.

"Okay fin-"

There is an instant jolt making my head hit the side window. Before I can even comprehend what happened, the car starts to spin. I feel myself grow dizzy and wince at the impact of the car hitting the side rail. I look around trying to steady my head. I grip my head in discomfort as it continues to spin. I glance over at Lydia and see her passed out.

"Lydia?" I ask with a groan from the throbbing pain in my arm and leg.

"Lydia? Wake up," I reach over and shake her slightly. She still isn't moving. My eyes widen in complete shock.

"Lydia! Wake up, please!? Please Lydia you're okay! You have to be okay! Lydia!? You can't leave me!" I say as tears form in my eyes.

I hear some crunching of glass outside and try looking over, but my vision grows less.

"Hello?" Someone tries opening the door but stays stuck.

"Hey just hang on, I called 911, they will be here soon. Stay with me," They say as my eyes grow heavy.

Their voice becomes faint and I hear sirens in the distance. I then black out.

~~~~

This is my first ever book so tell me what you think. This is just the prologue so yeah...Hope I caught your interest in my story. So bye :) if there are any errors please let me know as well.

EDIT: Hope you enjoyed!