Chapter 22

--Xander's P.O.V.--

  The bell finally rings for lunch and I head out of my classroom.  I walk into the cafeteria and sit at the table with Tony, Adam, and Clara.

"Where's Emilia?" I ask them. 

"I don't know," Clara says looking around the cafeteria. She abruptly stands and heads for the cafeteria door. I look back at the guys and follow behind her. Everyone giving us curious glances and whispering, but I don't care.

We catch up with Clara and see she is talking to Makenna and her minions.

"What did you do?" Clara says angrily.

"I haven't done anything," Makenna says. She looks over and notices us behind Clara.

"Xander!" She squeals pushing past Clara to me. She tries to get close to me but I back away pushing her away from me.

"What's wrong Xander?" She says putting on a pouty face. I roll my eyes at her antics.

"Where is Emilia?" I say through clenched teeth trying to control my anger. 

"I don't know?" she says with fake innocence while batting her eyes. I close my eyes, before breathing out. I don't have time for her ignorance.

"Fine whatever," I say walking past her. I hear her whine in protest.

"But, Xander. What about me?" she says trying to give me a flirtatious look. I scoff at her and turn back to her.

"What about you!? I don't like you Makenna and I never will! You're a selfish bitch! When will you get that?!" I say trying to walk away again.

"It's because of that whore isn't it?" She says making her minions laugh. Anger rises in me as I stop and turn to face her. I walk back to her and tower over, intimidating her. She slightly cowers making me internally laugh.

"Don't you ever talk about her like that," I say my voice dangerously low giving her a hard glare. A scared look crosses her features before it forms into anger.

"Fine! You'll see soon that she is a waste of your time and you'll come running back to me. You could do so much better," she says walking the opposite way.

I start walking again trying to figure out where she could be.

I haven't seen her in the hall or in her last class.

"Could she be in the restroom?" Tony says.

"Maybe let's go check," Adams says.

We head down the hall and stand outside the door. I knock on the door and listen. I hear crying.

"Emilia? Is that you in there?" I ask. I don't hear her respond.

"Clara can go in there," Tony says.

"Yeah, okay," Clara says going in. I try to listen in but can't hear anything clearly.

"Dude we probably shouldn't stand by the girl's restroom," Adam says giving me a knowing look.

"Oh, yeah," I say scratching my head slightly. We step to the side and just stand in front of some random lockers.

I stand there and worry about her. What did Makenna do? Many thoughts run through my head. I don't want her upset again. I look up and notice Tony and Adam giving me looks.

"What?" I say giving them a weird look. They look at each other then back at me.

"You really do care about her?" Adam says more as a statement than a question. I look back down.