Chapter 26

There's a quick knock on the door and we all head down the stairs. Xander opens the door and there are a few police officers.

"He's upstairs in the first room on the right," Xander says. The two officers go past us heading up the stairs.

We look back out the door to see a women officer. She has a kind smile on her face.

"Hi, I'm Madison. I'm going to need a statement from each of you if you don't mind. We will have to go to the station," she says looking at all of us.

I hear fast footsteps come down the stairs and look to see the two cops and Cameron.

He keeps a blank face as they take him out. He meets my gaze gives me a smirk causing an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach.

They push him out the door heading down the driveway to the cop car. They start to put him in the cop car but before he gets in he looks directly at me then gives me a wink. I instantly tense like a deer caught in headlights. What was that?

"Emilia?" Xander says gently putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Hmm? Oh yeah right," I say following him as I get in his car.

----

We enter the station and the lady at the desk instructs us to take a seat in the waiting room.

We see a woman walk over to us and she gives us a small smile.

"Hi, I'm Mrs. Williams. We'll be taking your accounts of what happened," she says. She looks over at me.

"I'll speak with you first Emilia," She says. I stand up a slowly and follow her down a hall. I look back and see encouraging smiles on there faces. I turn back around and see her holding the door open. I enter in and take a seat in one of the chairs.

"Okay, let's get started, Emilia. I understand a little of what happened and if it's too uncomfortable to talk about we can wait," She says with sympathy in her eyes.

I nod my head before speaking.

"I-I...U-Uh...H-he..." I stopped my heart rate picking up as the scene replays in my head. I don't want to think about it at all. I can still feel his grimy hands on me. I shuffle uncomfortably wrapping my arms around my stomach.

I can't speak clearly. I just want to forget about it. I want him to leave me alone. I just want to be left alone.

I feel her hand on my shoulder and look up to see sympathy swimming in her eyes.

"Honey, it's okay now. You're safe. You can take all the time you need," She says rubbing my shoulder in a comforting manner. A small smile tugs at my lips, calming me slightly.

"I...He t-tried...tried t-to...r-rape me," I start, tears forming in my eyes. She gives me an encouraging smile to continue.

"He...grab me and I t-told him to let go but he just...w-wouldn't stop. He
c-covered my mouth a-and...took me to my r-room. I-I was too...weak. I wasn't...strong enough, I wasn't-" I stopped as tears fall down my face.

"Honey, this is not your fault, okay? None of this is your fault," She says with finality in her voice. I look away from her gaze and slowly nod my head.

"Have you ever seen him before?" She asks me while writting on a notebook.

"H-He's my brothers friend," I say. She looks a little shocked with a confused frown etched on her face.

"Is this the only time he's ever
...done this. Has he ever indicated that he would want to be with you... intimately?" She asks hesitantly.

"N-No, I-I've only seen him once," She nods her head writing down some more.