Chapter 39

-Adam's P.O.V.- Surprise! ;) Hope you enjoy

I still feel glum after Travis's sort of rejection, for lack of a better word. I know he isn't gay but I still wish I could find someone out there.

I look in the mirror, fixing my dark blonde hair to look presentable for my parent's friends. After fixing my hair I glance at my dull blue eyes and sigh in discontent. Who would like me?

I hear a knock on my door and go to open it to see my mother.

"Our guests are here," she says. She sighs before fixing the collar of my shirt and adjusting my tie. I playfully roll my eyes at her as a smile forms on her lips.

"You know, I always have to fix your tie. Just like your father. I bet your wife will be doing the same thing in the future." She chuckles. Yeah, my 'wife'.

I force a smile and trail behind my mother as she descended the stairs. I saw my father talking with his friend. I notice a guy standing behind him and almost sigh in relief knowing its not a girl this time.

"Ah, Adam, I don't think you have met my son," Harold says as he gestures to the guy. His son puts his hand out and I grasp it, as he gives it a light squeeze.

"Mathew," He says with a smile on his face. I smile back and release from his grip.

"Dinner will be ready in a little if you boys want to go do something. We are just going to be talking for a little while," My father says. I give him a nod before looking at Mathew giving him a subtle smile before heading up the stairs.

I walk to the game room and open the door, letting him walk in first. He slowly walks in and looks around the room. I take a seat on the couch as I pull out my phone.

I feel the couch dip and look up to see Mathew looking at me with a smirk. My brow furrows in confusion, wondering why he was staring at me like that.

"What?" I ask, sitting up more and scooting sort of away.

"Tell me about yourself?" He asks, tilting his head slightly. I purse my lips trying to think.

"Not much to tell. I consider myself really good at video games and I completely suck at cooking," I laugh. I hear his light chuckles and look over at him.

"Well, I would consider myself really good at video games too," He boasts. I shake my head and smile looking down at my hands.

"Don't believe me? Why don't we put it to the test then?" He says. He scoots over, reaching across my chest, grabbing the controller on the side table. I feel my cheeks heat up and feel the air become hot.

He hands me the controller a smirk on his face. What is wrong with him? I slowly take the controller and power on the PlayStation 4. I start the game and I begin setting up the match, beginning the game.

"First we have to make a beat before we start," He says. I look over with a raised eyebrow.

"W-What do you mean?" I ask shifting in my seat.

"Well how about something simple? Whoever wins the other person has to do one thing for the other person. Whatever they want. Accept the challenge?" He says with a raised eyebrow.

"You're on," I say pushing the unpause button to start.

----

"Haha! I never lose!" I say excitedly, as a smirk plays on his lip. I look over at Mathew and notice the pout etched on his face.

"Whatever," I hear him mumble under his breath as he crosses his arms. He sighs before facing me.

"What are you going to have me do?" He asks, looking at me with a blank expression.