Chapter 25

Why did I tell Xander? What if I just made it worse instead of better? I glance over at Xander as we drive to school. I think I can really trust him. But there is still that voice in the back of my mind saying trust no one but I keep it back there. I think it's time to try trusting again.

I pull out of my thoughts when we get to school. We hop out of the car, heading towards the building. We enter together going to our usual spot in the morning with our little group. 

Tony and Adam are in the middle of bickering over there video game or something? I don't know. I can't really follow all their talk. I roll my eyes as Xander joins in there bickering. Boys.

I glance down the hallway causing me to immediately tense. My brother is down the hall. He's back? My heart rate picks up. He turns his head towards me a smirk playing on his lips with an evil glint in his eyes. I stay frozen on the spot everything around me going quiet.

What is he gonna do? 

He turns back to his group, which includes Makenna and her little posse. He doesn't make any motion to come up to me though. I'm confused. 

"Emilia? You alright?" Clara saves waving her hand in front of my face with concerned eyes.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine," I say putting a small smile on my face. She seems unconvinced put doesn't push it. I internally sighed in relief. I don't want to cause any issues. The bell rings and we head towards our classes. Xander walks beside me but I stop him.

"Can you let me walk alone today?" I say. I don't want to hurt him but I also don't want to get caught by Makenna or my brother. They might have confronted her but that might of made the situation worse. He was talking to her this morning. I bet she spilled everything. I just don't want to push her buttons or my brother's.

He looks slightly hurt by my plea but nods his head anyway walking down the hall. My heart clenches slightly at making him upset. I shake my head walking down the hall to my class. 

I walk down the hall making a turn around the corner and bump into someone.

"There you are sis, I've been looking all over for you," he says with fake concern. I slowly look up and my eyes widen.

"A-Anthony?" 

"Where's your little...boyfriend? Makenna told me an awful lot about your...whats the word......disobedience," He tuts taking a step towards me.

"H-He's not my boyfriend," I say stepping back pushing against the locker. He steps closer tower over me. I cower slightly and a smirk plays on his lips.

"Dear sis, father and I missed you dearly. We came home yesterday and you weren't there. We were beginning to worry," He says with gritted teeth. He grabs my wrist tightly dragging me down the hall outside. I wince slightly at his death grip.

"W-Where are we going?" I ask trying to keep up with his pace.

"Home," Is all he says. My minds going a mile a minute as scenarios run through my head. 

Anger starts to boil in me. I'm tired of this! I pull my wrist out of his grip rubbing it to ease the pain. He abruptly turns around giving me a furious glance.

"Fighting back now eh? ha ha ha! That makes this even more fun!" He says gripping my upper arm dragging me to his car. 

"Let me go! Leav-" I feel his hand cover my mouth. I look around the parking lot for any form of life to help me but to my dismay, there is no one. I try getting out of his hold but he wraps his arm around mine holding me and dragging me to the car. He shoves me into the back. I try to go for the door but he shuts it before I can. I try to unlock it but the door won't budge. Child locks.