Chapter 12

A/N at the end. Please read :)

Xanders P.O.V.

I wake up and see it's still dark out. I look over at my clock and see its 3 in the morning. I roll out of bed and go towards the kitchen. I grab a glass of water to drink and I hear crying? I walk towards the living room and see it's Emilia. I run over and see she's shaking and there is sweat covering her forehead. 

"Emilia," I lightly shake her and she doesn't wake up. She starts whimpering and shakes her head back and forth.

"No, Stop," She says lowly in her sleep. I shake her harder.

"Emilia, Emilia, Wake up!" Her eyes shoot open and she looks around frantically.

"Emilia, It's okay, it was just a bad dream," I say to her. She relaxed and sigh.

"I-I'm sorry did I wake you?" She says groggily.

"No, no I woke up and got a glass a water and heard you in here..." I trail off.

"T-Thanks, Xander." She says looking down and fiddling with her hands.

"You're welcome, I'm gonna go back to bed, I'll see you in the morning." I stand and turn to leave but feel her grip my hand and looks at me nervously. I look at her waiting for her to speak.

"C-Can you s-stay?" She says looking at me with a scared look in her eyes.

"I-I m-mean you don't h-hav-" She starts to say but I cut her off.

"Yeah, Sure." She looks shocked like she doesn't believe it. She lays down and I scoot in behind her. I hesitantly wrapped my arm around her. She doesn't protest so I scoot closer. Her body is so tiny compared to mine. I feel her relax and after a while, I hear her soft calming breaths meaning she is asleep. Soon after I find myself asleep.

----

I start waking up and try to move but feel something in my arms, or rather someone. I open my eyes to see Emilia cuddled up to me with her face in my chest. I feel her soft breaths on my chest. She looks so peaceful in her sleep. She's beautiful. 

I feel her starting stir awake and she opens her eyes. She looks up at me and I see a blush creep up her face.

"Good morning Emilia," I say groggily. She shivers slightly.

"M-morning," she whispers and starts to sit up. I hear little footsteps and see Izzy come from the hallway.

"Xander, what are you doing in here with Emilia?" She questions crossing her arms over her chest with a raised eyebrow.

"I-I U-Uh S-She U-Uh-"

"I-I asked him to because I couldn't sleep." She says laughing and looking up at me. My mom enters now and gives us a curious look. I mouth to her 'I'll tell you later' and get up from the bed.

"Hi, Amanda, I'm s-sorr-"

"It's okay. You didn't do anything right?" Mom says raising an eyebrow with a slight smile on her face. I look back at Emilia and see her face red again. She's so cute.

"Well, I'm gonna make breakfast, Is there anything you particularly like?" Mom says heading for the kitchen and we follow suit.

"N-No anything is fine. Would you like some help?" Emilia offers.

"Sure if you want," Mom says.

"I'll help too," I say. My mom turns to me with a raised eyebrow.

"I think its best if you stay out of the way, you can barely cook ramen," she says and I gasp in disbelief. I hear Emilia stifle a laugh.

"For your information Mom, I can cook mac' and cheese too," I say in a matter of fact tone.