Chapter 32

I hit the alarm on my bedside table and groan. Mondays...

I let out a sigh before tossing over the blanket and trek to the bathroom. I do my morning business and head back to my bedroom, walking up to the closet. I take out a grey baggy, off the shoulder, sweater and black skinny jeans. I glance in the mirror giving myself a once-over before slipping on my converse.

I grab my bag and head to the kitchen. I see grandma set a plate on the table. Pancakes and sausage.

"Thank you, but you don't have to cook me breakfast every day for school. An apple is good too," I say with a hint of guilt. She waves her hands in a dismissive manner.

"Oh dear, it's no problem. I love to cook and I don't want you going hungry. Gotta get some meat on these bones," she laughs while taking a seat with me. I nod my head with a small laugh before I dig into my food.

After I have finished I rinse my plate setting it in the sink and head towards the door.

"Emilia? Can I talk to you for a moment?" She asks. I have a feeling I know what this is about.

"I know I can't begin to understand what you have been through, but I think you should give your mother another chance," She says giving me a small smile. 

"Okay," I say with a faint smile not really wanting to talk about it anymore. I give a small nod before heading to the door.

"Have a good day sweetie," she says.

"Thanks, you too," I reply before heading out the door. Xander steps out of his house just as I did and we head to his car.

"Good morning Emilia," he says giving me a hug and quick peck on my cheek. I feel my face heat slightly. I'm not really used to the whole dating thing, because I have never had a boyfriend before.

"G-Good morning," I say hopping in the car. He gets in starting the car and driving to school.

"How have you been holding up?" He asks stealing a quick glance before turning back to the road. I let out a shallow sigh.

"I'm okay for now. Grandma said this morning that I should give my mother another chance," I say hoping I could face her again. Xander grabs my hand, rubbing his thumb on my hand.

"I'm here for you to talk or anything," he says. A smile forms on my lips.

"Yeah, I know, thank you,"

"No problem, Emilia," he says glancing at me then looks back to the road.

He pulls into the school and parks the car. We step out and head towards the building. Xander clasps his hand around mine giving me a huge smile. I smile back at him and continue our walk down the hall. We walk down the hall and everyone gives us curious glances. I hear murmurs as we walk by them. I try to keep my head held high but soon falter at all their judgmental stares.

"Don't mind them. They're just jealous," Xander whispers in my ear. I give a subtle nod before keeping my head slightly raised. We make it over to Adam, Tony, and Clara giving them a smile.

"Hey guys," I say. Clara looks like she is trying to contain her joy while Tony and Adam try to hide a smirk.

"Hey," they greet. The guys go on to there own conversation and Clara gives me a huge grin.

"Soooo, you guys...?" I smile.

"Yeah,"

"Finally," she giggles. I roll my eyes at her.

"Hey Emilia, do you wanna have a sleepover at my house?" Clara asks.

"Uh...what day?" I ask.

"Friday, if that's okay with you," she says with a smile.