Chapter 34: Perishable

++++++

Sabrina moved to get ready for school. As she grabbed her backpack, she heard a quickened heartbeat. She perked her ears up at the sound but then the heartbeat went back to being steady. 

Curious, Sabrina hiked her backpack up on her shoulder and opened her door. She saw that Scott was heading down the stairs to go to school.

Instead of following after him, she turned and went inside his bedroom. She looked around the room to see what could have made his heartbeat go crazy.

Her eyes then landed on his bed and she froze as she remembered what he was hiding underneath his bed. Walking up to the window, she saw that his motorcycle was gone.

Turning back to the bed, she knelt down, pulled the bag out and opened it to gaze upon the thousands of dollars inside. She then started to count it up. As she stacked the bills, she breathed out a sigh of relief once she saw that it was a solid 500 thousand. Half a million dollars.

Suddenly, her phone buzzed. As she pulled it out, she saw that she had a text message from Malia saying that she would see her at school soon. Putting her phone away, Sabrina then quickly moved to put the money back inside the bag and she zipped it up before heading off to school.

++++++

Sabrina walked in through the school doors and her eyes wandered. She felt that everyone around her was looking at her. Looking, calculating and suspicious. She looked back at them and found herself suspicious of her peers as well. Anyone of them could be an assassin trying to take her and the pack out for money.

Sabrina let her eyes wondered off her peers and walked over to her locker. She opened it up and grabbed the textbooks she would be needing for the morning.

Just as she was about to close her locker, someone else did it for her. Sabrina turned and smiled when she saw Malia.

"Hey, Malia."

"Hi, Sabrina. Guess what?"

"What?" she asked as she was confused as to why Malia was grinning at her. "There's a bonfire tonight and the lacrosse team are going to be there." Sabrina rolled her eyes as she hiked her backpack up higher on her shoulder.

"I know they're going to be there. It's mandatory for them. If they don't go, Coach will make them do suicide runs." she said before walking down the hallway. Malia followed after Sabrina and walked alongside her. "Let's go tonight."

"Uh, actually, I'm thinking about skipping it." Right now, Sabrina wasn't exactly in a partying mood. But Malia shook her head. "You're not skipping it." "Why not?" Sabrina asked.

But Malia was smiling. "Because won't Coach have you do suicide runs if you don't go?" Sabrina chuckled and Malia's smile grew bigger. She was glad she had made Sabrina laugh since the past couple of days, she had been down about her and Stiles.

"He would never make his favorite student do suicide runs." Malia nodded her head in agreement. "Okay, so you're right but come on, we have to go." "And why do we have to go?" 

"Because you know the guys on the lacrosse team." Malia paused to see if Sabrina was catching onto what she was saying. "So?" Malia sighed and linked her arms with Sabrina. 

"So...you can find me a lacrosse player to hook up with because, statistically speaking, someone on the team has to be single. Right?"  Sabrina nodded, now knowing what Malia was hinting at. "I do know a couple of single guys on the team but I really don't want to go tonight."

"Give me one good reason why we shouldn't go."

Because Stiles might be there.

"Did you all of a sudden forget about the Deadpool and that we are being hunted by assassins?" "That shouldn't stop us getting into a party mood. Please, Sabrina."