Chapter 10: The Overlooked

++++++

Over at the loft, Jennifer Blake pulled the entrance door open and started to stomp into the room. "Derek!" she called out. She then started running further inside. "Derek, where are you?"

"Right here."

Jennifer turned around and saw Derek walking slowly up from a corner of the room. "Oh thank god," she muttered as she then ran to him. She went in for a hug. "Something happened, at the recital, at the school. Okay, I need to tell you before you hear any of it from them."

"Hear it from who?" Derek asked her calmly.

"Scott. Sabrina. Stiles. They're going to tell you things. Things you can't believe. Okay, you have to trust me."

"What is it?" he asked looking right at her.

"Promise you'll listen to me," she pleaded to him.

Derek nodded. "Promise," he said softly.

Jennifer then went and gave Derek a soft kiss but pulled back suddenly when she felt that he wasn't being responsive to it. She looked back at him with a sullen face. "They're already here, aren't they?" Derek gave her a look before he turned his gaze to look over her shoulder. Jennifer turned around and saw Scott, Stiles and Sabrina step out from around the corner.

The three of them looking at her with hard stares. Her jaw stiffened a bit. "So...they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?"

"We told him you're the one killing people." Scott was seething inside. Derek wasn't a person that could open up easily and then Ms. Blake came along and he could see Derek begin to finally start letting someone in. But she was only using Derek from the start to get close to them so they wouldn't suspect her, not until it was too late.

"Oh, that's right," she said with a sarcastic tone. "Committing human sacrifices. What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour. That way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. That makes perfect sense." 

"Where's my dad?" Stiles asked her. His face was hard and firm but his eyes were shining from unshed tears.

Sabrina could sense Stiles' tension and sorrow as her boyfriend stood next to her. She knew how scared that Stiles had been with bringing his father into all of this and how he had feared something happening to him. Ms. Blake had literally brought his worst fears to life. Sabrina took Stiles' hand into hers and gave it a gentle squeeze, letting him know that she is here for him. Stiles squeezed back and kept a firm hold onto her hand. He needed her comfort.

"How should I know?" she asked them. She then turned to Derek. "Derek, tell me you don't believe this." "Do you know what happened to Stiles' father?" he asked her. "No," she gasped as her face fell in slight horror.

"Ask her why she almost killed Lydia," Sabrina spat out. "Lydia Martin?" Jennifer said looking mortified. "I don't know anything about that." Sabrina rolled her eyes, getting fed up with Ms. Blake's lies. "What exactly do you know?" Derek asked a bit pointedly.

So much that Jennifer nearly took a step back. "I know that these kids, for whatever misguided reason, are filling your head with an absurd story." She then turned to them. "One that they can't prove, by the way."

Scott raised his head a bit before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a vial. "What if we can?" Her face fell at the sight of it. "What is that?" "My boss told me it's a poison and a cure," he said before he started to open it. "Which means you can use it and it can be used against you."

"Mistletoe," she glared at him.

But Scott spared no more time before he threw the dust right at her and covered her up in it. She started screaming the moment it hit her and her body started shaking. Her face then flashed into the pale and scratched version that they had seen before and she screeched at them.