Chapter 35: Monstrous

++++++

Derek pulled his car right up to the emergency entrance of the Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital. A second later, Sabrina opens the car door, jumps out and sprints toward the hospital doors. Malia opens her car door and shuts it behind her. She then closes the car door, Sabrina had opened.

Derek rolled down his window and called for Malia. She bent down and looked at him through the window.

"Stay close to Sabrina, okay?"

Malia nodded, "I wouldn't let anything happen to her." 

"Would you like me to wait here to give you a ride back?" 

Malia shook her head, "If Sabrina wants to stay here with Stiles, I'll stay as well." Derek nodded, "Okay, if you need anything, call me." "I'll tell Sabrina that," Malia said before turning away and running towards the hospital doors.

Once Malia stepped foot in the hospital, she scanned the area for Sabrina and found her yelling at a scared nurse at a desk. Malia quickly made her way over to Sabrina.

"Do you even know who I am, lady?" 

The nurse shook her head and jumped when Sabrina slammed her hand down on the desk. "My mom is Melissa McCall. She is a nurse here just like you. Now please tell me where my mom is so I can go see my boyfriend, Stiles who was just recently brought in here fora concussion." 

Malia put her hand on Sabrina's arm and pulled her away from the desk, "Malia!" Malia growled at Sabrina softly and she stopped struggling in Malia's grasp. Malia turned towards the scared nurse and gave a fake smile toward her, "Sorry about my friend here. Can you just tell us where her mom, Melissa McCall is?"

The nurse quickly typed Melissa's name into the computer, "She's currently with a patient in room 115-" "Thank you," Malia said before pulling Sabrina with her. "But you can't go in there!" The nurse shouted after Malia and Sabrina but they ignored her as they turned around a corner.

++++++

Stiles let out a sigh as Melissa McCall checked him over. 

"I'm completely and totally fine," he told her as he tried to stand up but she put her hands on his shoulders and pushed him back onto the bed, "Uh-uh-uh. You completely and totally have a concussion, Stiles. Lie back down. The doctor said you're not leaving without a CT scan." 

"We still haven't paid for the last one," he told her as he stood up again.

Melissa shook her head, "Oh, no, no, no. Meredith is at the station. Your dad said it could take some time but he will get her to talk. Even if I let you go, what would you do?" 

Stiles sighed before sitting back down on the bed, "Okay, fine," he looked up at her, "Could you do me one little favor?" Melissa nodded, "Anything." "Can you get me a tape player?" "Like cassettes?" Stiles nodded, "Yes. Tapes." "Yeah, I'll see what I can do." Melissa said walking around the bed and heading towards the door.

"Okay, tapes, though, please," he called out to her.

Melissa paused and looked back at him, "Cassettes," she corrected him before walking out of the room.

++++++

Sabrina and Malia walked down the hall and paused when they saw Melissa at a desk, talking with a nurse. 

"Mom!"

Melissa turned around and smiled at her daughter. Sabrina walked up to her and gave her a hug. "Honey, what are you doing here?" 

"Stiles' dad called me saying that Stiles was here." 

Melissa sighed, "He is."

"Is he-" "He's okay, honey," Melissa said as she rubbed her hands up and down her daughter's arms, "He just has a concussion." Sabrina let out a sigh of relief, "Thank God." Melissa chuckled, "Would you like to see him?"