Chapter 12: Lunar Ellipse

++++++

Scott, Stiles, Sabrina and Allison found the pressure too much and they pushed themselves out of the water as they took their first breaths of fresh air. However, when they opened their eyes, they realized that they weren't in the animal clinic. They were in a brightly lit and open space. They went and got out of the tubs and saw that where they were seemed to stretch on forever. The four of them then turned around and saw what seemed to be a giant tree stump a little bit away. They gave each other a look before they started to move for it.

They saw that it was huge, big enough for a person to lie on it. As they studied it, Scott looked at the rings and saw it looked a lot like what he had traced with his fingers that inspired his tattoo. Stiles narrowed his eyes, as for some reason, this stump seemed familiar to him somehow. As for Sabrina and Allison, something about this thing made a chill travel up their spine. Scott stepped forward and then lay his hands on it. Then Stiles, Sabrina and Allison did the same.

Suddenly, Sabrina found herself in the woods, and it was night as well as lightly raining. She then heard something hit the ground behind her and she turned to see a shocking sight. She saw herself.  

It was her, on the night that she was bit. She saw herself looked panicked as she stared off at a dark space before the Alpha, Ennis, appeared and pounced on her, biting her. Sabrina gasped as she saw herself get attack. This was so strange. Seeing herself being attacked as if it was someone else. From here she could see how her younger self was kicking to be free from Ennis mauling her. Sabrina backed away in shock at seeing all of this before she hit something. She then turned around and saw the tree stump. The Nemeton.

++++++

Lydia, Isaac and Deaton were sitting in the animal clinic, silently watching the tubs of water. The ice of the tubs had long melted but the three inside hadn't moved a muscle since they had dunked them in and held them until they stopped moving. It was beginning to seem like it didn't work at all and they had helped kill them. But then, the four of them shot straight up from the tubs as one, each taking hard deep breaths.

"I saw it!" Scott cried out. "I know where it is!"

Stiles nodded as he moved to step out of the tub. "Yeah, we passed it. There was this stump. This huge tree. Well, it's not huge anymore. It was cut down. But it's still big, though. Very big." Stiles then moved over to Sabrina and helped her step out of the tub.

Scott nodded. "It was the night that we were looking for the body." "The same night you were bit by Peter," said Sabrina. "I was there too," Allison said to them. "That night, in the car with my mother. We almost hit someone." "It was me!" Scott cried out. "You almost hit me!" They knew where to go now. He then turned to the others. "We can find it," he told them excitedly.

But Deaton, Lydia and Isaac weren't as excited as them. In fact, they looked like someone had just died.

"What, what is it?" Allison asked them.

Isaac went and put his hands into his pockets. "You guys were out for a long time." Stiles wiped the water from his face. "How long is a long time?" "Sixteen hours," Deaton answered.

The four of them dropped their jaws a bit in shock.

"We were in the water for sixteen hours?!" Scott's tone matched what the four of them were feeling on that. Deaton nodded. "And the full moon rises in less than four."

The four of them moved to look over at each other. They had found where their parents were, but it looked like they might not have much time to get to them now. Especially with Deucalion and Jennifer getting ready to make their moves. Lydia moved over and grabbed towels for the four of them to begin drying off.