Chapter 37: Smoke and Mirrors

++++++

Stiles and Sabrina had taken Malia to the McCall house so that they could get her Scott's scent so she could help track him. Sabrina already had Scott's scent committed to memory but she knew that two noses were better than one. They went to his room and Stiles threw open his closet and grabbed a sweater from the rack.

"Here,  try that." he said before he threw it to Malia. 

She took a sniff and pulled it away quickly. "Fabric softener." Stiles sighed. "Sorry about that, my mom did just do the laundry recently," Sabrina said. Stiles then went to look for something that wouldn't have been washed yet. He threw open his hamper and he pulled out a pair of his boxers. Sabrina and Malia looked at the boxers and gave Stiles a look.

"Remember, Scott's life is on the line." 

Sabrina rolled her eyes as she turned and quickly went over to his bed where she took his pillow and handed it to Malia. She took a big sniff of it. She now had Scott's scent. "Yeah," Stiles said throwing the boxers back. "That works too." 

The three then moved to head down the stairs and they saw that Liam was standing there, waiting for them. Stiles shook his head. "Oh! Liam, go home. You're not coming with us." "Why not?" he asked. "Why not? Because it's a full moon and I don't feel like driving all the way down to Mexico just to have you rip my throat out." 

"You can lock me up, right? Chain me down to the backseat or something?" "You tore through the last chains, remember?" Malia reminded him. "Yeah, we would have to freeze you in carbonite to get you down there." 

Liam shrugged. "Okay, fine. Where do we get carbonite?"

Stiles narrowed his eyes while Sabrina let out a groan. A classic Star Wars reference and Liam didn't so much as blink. First Scott and now Liam. "Seriously? You haven't seen it either?" "Seen what?" "Star Wars!" Sabrina exclaimed.

The three headed towards the door but Liam stopped them. "Wait! What if we put me in the trunk?" Malia shook her head. "You'd get out of that, too." Stiles sighed. "Liam, you've been a werewolf all of five minutes." "You don't have to do this." Sabrina said. "I know I don't, but I want to. There's gotta be bigger chains, a bigger truck or something. There has to be." Liam said.

"Actually," Stiles pipped in. "Maybe there is."

++++++

Stiles, Sabrina, Malia and Liam went to Argent's warehouse and waited around for quite a bit when Derek's van pulled up followed by a prison transport van.

"How did you get a prison transport van?" Stiles asked Braeden as soon as she stepped out. "I'm a U.S. Marshall," she reminded him. "Yeah, I just thought that was a cover," he admitted.

 Derek came out of his van, followed by his uncle Peter. 

"You really bringing him?" Derek asked as he pointed at Liam. Stiles nodded as he stood next to the kid. "You really bringing him?" he asked pointing at Peter.