Chapter 15: Galvanize

++++++

Sabrina sat in Stiles' jeep and stared at her boyfriend who had a grin on his face the entire time he drove to school. "What did you do?" she asked him as he glanced over at her, before looking back at the road.

"What do you mean?" he asked. "You have a stupid but very cute grin on your face so you must have done something." Stiles scoffed. "I didn't do anything," he lied. Sabrina rolled her eyes. "I know last night was mischief night."

"So, you think I've done something?" Sabrina nodded. "I think you pulled a prank on Coach." "Now why would I pull a prank on Coach?" "Because you hate him," Sabrina flat out said.

"...Okay, I do," he mumbled. "But I would never do anything to him because today is his birthday." "How do you-" she paused and shook her head. "Never mind. I don't even want to know how you knew today is his birthday." 

Stiles drove into the school's parking lot and parked his jeep. Together, he and Sabrina got out of the jeep and spotted Scott up ahead, talking to the twins, Aiden and Ethan.

"You're back in school?" Scott asked them, trying to be polite.

"No," said Ethan. "Just to talk."

"Oh. That's kind of a change of pace for you guys," Stiles spoke up as he stood next to Scott with Sabrina by his side. "Seeing as how usually, you're just hurting, maiming, and killing," he listed off.

Aiden looked over at Scott. "You need a pack. We need an Alpha." Stiles scoffed. "Yeah. Absolutely not. That's hilarious though." "You came to us for help. We helped." "You beat his face into a blood pulp. That's not helping. In my opinion, that's actually counter-productive."

Scott's jaw tightened a bit. "Why would I say yes?"

"We'd add strength. We'd make you more powerful," Aiden listed. "There's no reason to say no." Stiles rolled his eyes at that.

"I can think of one," Isaac said as he stood by Scott and Stiles. "Like the two of you holding Derek's claws while Kali impaled Boyd." Isaac turned to look back at Scott. "In fact, I don't know why we're not impaling them right now." "Because we're at school, Isaac," Sabrina pointed out.

Aiden flashed his cold, steel blue eyes and growled at Isaac. "You want to try?" Isaac took a step forward but Scott grabbed his arm and pulled him back. Scott shook his head. "Sorry, but they don't trust you. And neither do I."

++++++

Scott, Stiles and Sabrina pushed the doors to the school wide open and Stiles immediately got hit in the face with a roll of toilet paper. Sabrina laughed quietly. "All right, that's my face!" he yelled out at a group of kids. He sighed and then turned to Scott. "Hey, dude, good decision buddy. Good Alpha decision."

"I hope so," Scott mumbled as the they stopped by Stiles' locker. Stiles opened his locker and Sabrina looked it over. She noticed that Stiles had a picture of him and her on the door of his locker. The picture was new and was taken recently. 

In the photo, Stiles had his arm stretched out since he held the camera in his hand. He also had his arm wrapped around Sabrina's shoulder and she had her face buried into his chest and covered her face.

Sabrina looked over the photo again and she smiled when she saw Stiles' expression in the photo. He wasn't looking at the camera...he was looking down at her with a smile on his face. 

Sabrina looked over at Stiles who looked at her. "What?" he asked, noticing the smile she had on her face. She pointed to the photo on his locker. "I didn't know you placed that photo in your locker."