Chapter 23: Insatiable

++++++

Stiles was just laying down on Scott's bed as he let Melissa check on him. To be honest, he didn't feel that different from before he had been possessed at Eichen House. He didn't feel the tug and pressure from the nogitsune as before, but he still felt that there was something not right with him. He seemed human as far as they could tell, or as human as one could be when they materialized from out of the floor. Melissa was shining a light into his eyes though she seemed to try to keep as much distance from him as possible as she analyzed him. She turned the light on and stared at his arm but didn't seem to want to directly touch him. Stiles could see that she looked a little freaked out. He didn't blame her, because he was just as freaked out as she was. He just sighed and lifted his hand for her and waited patiently as she moved to check his pulse when she was ready to.

She lightly touched his wrist and tested him before letting him go. "Well...medically you seem okay. You're definitely a real person," she said before laughing nervously. Stiles nodded. "Okay, so I'm real, but...am I really me?" he asked her.

Melissa just stared at him. She wanted to believe that. But, she couldn't forget that a few hours ago, this very same face had been smirking at her and had nastily mocked both her and Scott. Deep down, she knew that it wasn't really Stiles but...that didn't mean that it was something she was bound to forget so soon.

Scott walked in and Stiles quickly moved to sit up. "Is she here?" he asked him. Scott sighed and nodded. "Yeah."

Then Stiles sighed and nodded. "Okay...let's do this." He then saw Scott and his mom give each other hesitant looks. They both didn't like this and had argued when Stiles had asked Scott for it and looked like they were going to argue with him over it again. But Stiles shook his head. "Guys, we have to do this."

He moved to get out of the bed but he started to wobble as he got to his feet and Scott quickly moved to catch him before he could fall. It seemed that Stiles wasn't used to walking again yet so Scott held him as he and his mother guided him out for the living room. They got there and saw Noshiko waiting there patiently for them.

"Do you recognize me?" she asked Stiles.

Stiles nodded. He recognized her alright. When Stiles had knocked the Nogitsune's game pieces out of the way, just before everything went black and he ended up in Scott's living room floor, it angrily grabbed at his head and Stiles had been hit with images and memories of the times that his body had been taken. Where the Nogitsune went, who it talked to and what it did. Kira's mother was a firm memory left in his mind.

Stiles separated from Scott and Melissa and slowly made his way over to her. But, there was a loud bang as the front door was open and shut as Kira ran inside.

"Stop!" she cried at him. But Stiles didn't stop. "It's okay," he said to her. "I'm the one that asked her to come." "You're the one who's going to get stabbed with swords," she cried out to him horrified before she turned to her mother. "Mom, don't do this to him." "It's already done," she said sternly, not taking her eyes off of Stiles.

Stiles felt a slight chill to the side and turned to see that an Oni was there, staring him down. Everyone gasped just as another one appeared in front of Stiles. Before anyone could react, it grabbed onto him as the other moved to block Scott from moving for them. Stiles stared right into the glowing eyes of the Oni as its grip on him tightened and he felt his insides freeze up. After a few seconds, it let go and Stiles collapsed to the floor. The Oni then disappeared.

Kira quickly ran for Stiles just as Scott did. Kira's mother yelled to look behind his ear as they bent down over him. Kira went and looked and they found the kanji for 'self' there like the ones that appeared on their ears.