Chapter 6: Motel California

++++++

A bus full of teenagers was pulling up to the Glen Capri. Scott, Stiles, Sabrina, Allison and Lydia came out and gave the motel a grim look.

"I've seen worse," Scott tried to shrug off. 

"Me too," Sabrina agreed.

"Where have you two seen worse?" Stiles asked as he kept his eyes on the gloomy and run-down looking place.

But before anything else could be said, a familiar whistle blew.

"Listen up," Coach said to everyone. "The meet's have been pushed till tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and the least amount of good judgement when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves...Expect for you Baby McCall. You're the only student on this trip that I like," He then held up a bunch of room keys. "You'll be pairing up. Choose wisely." One by one, the keys were taken as people paired off to head for their rooms. "And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants. Got that?" he warned. "Keep your little dirty hands to your dirty little selves."

Sabrina walked up to Coach. "Baby McCall!" he cheered. "Congratulations, you get your own room," he handed her the room key. "Don't do anything bad," "I promise I won't Coach," she took the key from him and made her way to her room.

Allison moved to head for their room but she noticed that Lydia was still standing in the same spot, looking out at the place. "Lydia?"

Lydia just kept her gaze on it. "I don't like this place."

Allison gave the motel another hard look and smiled. "I don't think the people that own this place like this place," she laughed out. "And it's just for a night."

Lydia took a deep breath. "A lot can happen in one night."

++++++

Sabrina was looking at herself in the mirror as she brushed her hair when she felt a sudden twitch in her eye. She went to take a closer look but as she looked, the iris of her eye shined gold. She jumped back as she saw that it was not back to normal. She then started to move off out of the room. She moved to stand in front of a vending machine. Moments later, Boyd had joined her and the two kept their gaze on the glass of the vending machine.

++++++

Stiles remembered seeing a vending machine before as they headed to the room so he left to get himself a little snack. As he walked out of the room, he moved down the steps towards the corner where he remembered the machine was and found that there was already someone there, Sabrina and Boyd.

"Yo Boyd," he said to him but Boyd didn't respond. Stiles then looked over at his girlfriend. "Hey, babe," but she too didn't respond. Boyd just moved to make his selection, Peanut Butter Crackers. "Hey. That was the same thing I was going to get," he said trying to be friendly. But Boyd still stared on ahead as his selection got stuck. "Oh, hang on. You know what? I got a patented method for this. Don't worry."

Stiles then moved to grip the top of the machine to shake Boyd's crackers free but Sabrina just went and punched her arm right through the glass. Boyd then took the entire slide of crackers away. He then walked off with them. Stiles stared after him, feeling puzzled. He looked back at Sabrina who was now grabbing a couple of chocolate bars. 

"Babe, you feeling okay?" Stiles asked as she didn't answer him again.She then walked off. Stiles stared after her, still feeling puzzled at to what had happened just moments ago. He looked back at the machine and hoped that no one would ask too many questions about that. Then, he shrugged and went to grab some crackers for himself.