Chapter 20: Echo House

++++++

Stiles and his father were in his van, neither one of them was speaking.  

The truth was that neither of them really knew what to say. Stiles had gone over everything that had happened over the time from when he had gone missing from the hospital with him and filled in the blanks about the recent terrible things that happened in town. The first thing they talked about was finding some way to not let the nogitsune keep using Stiles to do more horrible things. That and to find a way to protect him from getting attacked by the Oni who were still after him. According to Deaton, this was the best course of action that could both protect Stiles and protect others from him. The van pulled to a full stop right in front of the gates into Eichen House. They didn't get out of the car right away. They both just gave the place a timely look before they went to share a look. They had to do this now, before either one of them changed their minds. They then pulled themselves out of the car and gave the building another good look. They were going to start moving in but the sound of a motorbike stopped them.

Scott quickly hopped off his bike and pulled off his helmet as he walked over to them. "Why didn't you tell me?" he said to them.

"Because we wanted to avoid something like this," answered the Sheriff.

Stiles shrugged his shoulders. "It's only for 72 hours," Stiles muttered. Though he silently thought it should be a lot longer. Scott shook his head. "This is the same place where Barrow came from. The guy who had a tumor inside him filled with flies." He looked at his friend's dad. "You don't know everything yet."

"I know enough. Nogitsunes, Kitsunes, Oni or whatever they're called." Stiles bobbed his head. "Wow, that was all actually surprisingly correct." His dad wasn't finished. "Scott, I saw an MRI that looked exactly like my wife's...and it terrifies me. I'm headed down to LA tomorrow to talk to a specialist." "But why are you putting him in here?" Scott asked him.

"He's not," Stiles said. "It was my decision." "Stiles, I can't help you if you're in here." "Yeah and I can't hurt you," Stiles argued. "Deaton's got some ideas. Argent is calling people," Scott said trying to not let his best friend do this. "We're going to find something. And if we can't-" Scott stopped right there. He knew that there was something that he could do. One thing that could help Stiles get passed his terminal illness.

But Stiles' eyes narrowed. He knew what Scott had in mind. But he also saw the fear and hesitation in his eyes so he went and leaned in. "If you can't then you have to do two things for me, okay?" Scott nodded. "Anything." 

"One, make sure I never get out." Scott nodded again. "And the second thing?" Stiles let out a breath. "Please find Sabrina," his voice cracked. "Just...please find her." he finished. Stiles then pulled away and looked to his father so that they could move on inside.

Scott just stood there, watching as Stiles just resigned himself to being locked up in a place like Eichen House without putting up any kind of fight. He kept his eye on him all the way up to when he walked in through the front door. He then went to his bike and moved to head on for Deaton's to keep looking for something to save his twin and his best friend.

++++++

Stiles and his father walked on through the lobby of the institution. Stiles saw that there were some people around in smocks, some of them seemed to be in a few fugue states or quiet in a corner. Stiles didn't know if it was because of the nogitsune but this place felt...off. Cold, even though it was pretty warm. It made him get goosebumps.

"Mr. Stilinski," a voice called out, nearly making him jump. It was a doctor. "This way please," she said to them with a small calming smile that clashed with the atmosphere of this place. The two Stilinski men followed after the doctor into the office where she quickly handed the Sheriff the papers to sign before running down the rules. "First 72 hours there is no phone calls, no e-mails and no visitors. We will be taking you from here for a brief physical. In the morning, you will be assessed by a staff psychologist, speak to a social worker and attend group therapy."