CHAPTER 9

.
.
.
.
.
.
Jade's POV

Even though I just sleep for 3 hours......I think?

But I feel so wonderful, thinking Althea will pick me up today.......and the best part is.......were having a breakfast together, how great this day is?!!

As soon as Althea called me yesterday and informing me the latter, the smile I have after our conversation was itched the whole day in my face.

Even my employees were surprised in my behavior.........for the reason that............prior from that call, I was shouting at them before I came from Althea's office.....then suddenly in a blink of an eye, I'm all smile.

Who cares what they think. I'm just.........so H . A . P . P . Y!!!

---------------------

While I was still reminiscing the event yesterday with my so flush checks, my phone rings.

I pick it up immediately, thinking it is 'My Goddess' ( Let's just keep this information to ourselves....) with a naughty smirk.

But to my dismay it's David, now reality bites me, it's like somebody pour a very cold water on me. '.....Oh my god!...Oh my god!'

How did I forget about my boyfriend, now I'm being so reckless!!?

These past weeks all I've been thinking is 'HER, she's occupying my whole being without me noticing.

Picking up my phone, guilty for not remembering I have a boyfriend.

Considering it's David my disappointment is noticeable in my voice......can't even hide it.

"Hello?" I sadly greeted.....I wanted to make my voice sound enthusiastic, but I failed.

"Hello hon, are you okay? You sound sad? Are you sick or something?" Now David is concerned, how would I explain this behavior I'm directing now to him?

"I'm fine David, I just wake up.......that's all." 'Liar!' Rolling my eyes and scolding myself.

"Are you sure?" David being David so persistent that annoyed me sometimes.

"Yah of course.....why wouldn't I be okay!?" I'm sounding irritated and defensive, 'oh boy...calm down Jade, grumpy much!..... your boyfriend is just being concerned for you.' Pep talking myself.

"Sorry Hon.....I'm just worried you know? I'm keeping calling and texting you......since your travel to Japan, but I didn't receive any replies or call back. Then.....I just heard from ahya James that you're already here in the Philippines almost three weeks now. Why you didn't call me Jade? Are you that busy forgetting you have a boyfriend waiting and anxious from your respond?!" Now David is getting vexed with his long rant at me.......from calm to furiously mad.

"My apology David.....it's just.....my schedule is so hectic, you know what happened in our Japan project. I need to be fully focused without any distraction or what so ever. But that's not an excused for not calling you......I'm so sorry again David, please forgive me." Now I feel stupid for being so dense and inconsiderate of David's feelings...........and I'm calling him David now.

I really don't know?.......it feel uncomfortable now saying that endearment to him. Hope he wouldn't notice it.

"Now it's only David? Where's the 'Hon' Jade?" 'Too late Jade, David already notices'. Informing myself.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, David barely hear me.

Now a deafening silence caught between the two of us, feeling so awkward now.

"Ohm." I hear him sigh and breathe deeply, guilt is creeping in me.

"Hon? We're okay right? We're not having problem?" David is now confiding me.....worries etched in his voice.

"Ofcourse we are okay, why you ask that ho....n (I can't even properly say the word I love to call him before without a hint of hesitation)......as I have told you earlier, I'm just tired." 'How about Althea? The woman you've been fantasizing almost a month now!?........ Liar!' informed my conscience to me.

"Okay then if you say so.....are you free today? Can I see you Hon?" I'm glad David sounds calmer now.

"I'm sorry David not now, I have an early meeting today....my whole schedule is jammed. How about tomorrow?" Feeling the hair from the back of my neck stand, indicating my remorse for lying to him.

"Take it easy okay? Don't be hard on yourself......I'll see you tomorrow Hon. I'll drop by to your office at lunch time, let's take lunch together." That's one of the reason why I love David, his so understanding.

These adds the pile of guilt I feel at this moment.....how could I do this to him?

"Okay see you tomorrow bye." 'Why did I lied to him....I've never lie to David.'

"Bye Hon, I love you."

"Okay, you too." 'Why it's hard to say that 3 words back at him now? Why I have too much 'WHY' questions? What's happening to me!?'

Putting down the phone, massaging my aching temple recalling the conversation I had with David.........'what I have done?'

I really don't know ........my situation now is so complicated or is it me who make the situation complicated.

XXXXX

A/N: Just a short update, hope you like the story.....don't hesitate to pin point my mistake and sorry for the wrong grammar.

Enjoy reading 😉