CHAPTER 34

.
.
.
.
Smelling the aseptic odor of carbolic acid or the distracting scent of flowers, Althea know she's in the hospital......trying to make out of her surroundings with all white.

She notices a woman figure sleeping beside her, clinging at her body.

As she lower her head trying to make face of the person close to her.......a familiar scent caught her senses.

Then she realized.........'PRINCESS'

The figure whose clinging closely to her stirred........with still a sleepy state the woman open her drowsy eyes, looking up to the other woman whose smile could warm a cold heart.......'her Althea'.

"Hi love." With still bleary voice, the youngest Tanchinco slowly moving sideways, elbow in the bed while her hand supporting her head looking sternly to the eyes of the woman she fell in love with.

With a mien of concern and disappointment.

The young Guevarra knows this look that given to her by the heiress.........she can't hardly look at the eyes of the woman she adored so much.

The heiress is not happy right now........Althea notice it, she knows her princess too well.

Then again before Althea could open her mouth, Jade already beat her to speak.

"You know how terrified I am when I receive a call from your best friend? Informing me that she will rush you to the hospital and worst part is..........I'm not there beside you."
Tears are now cascading on her face.

"I'm so sorry princess I didn't mean to scare you." Worried the young Guevarra seeing her princess in weeping.........wiping the heiress tears that surging in her smooth like porcelain face.

"The doctor said you're lucky, if it's not for Veronica calling the ambulance quickly........you might be dead by now for blood lost, do you know that you are bleeding........nonstop?" Scaredly express the youngest Tanchincho, now seating in the bed..........covering her face with both of her hands.

------------------------------

Recalling yesterday's dilemma..............the moment the youngest Tanchinco received the calls from Veronica, Althea's Art Gallery Manager, without any seconds to waste, she immediately went to the said hospital.

Upon arriving to the hospital, she saw the young Gallery Manager seating in the waiting chair outside the ER looking so anxious.

Getting the Art Gallery Manager's attention.............as Veronica saw Jade's presence her worried demeanor became a little bit tolerable.

"Thank god you're already here......I'm scared of my best friend Jade, seeing her in the ambulance so worn out and bleeding making me so helpless..........I don't know what to do Jade."
Blabbered Veronica to the heiress until now she's still shaking.

This is the first time Veronica saw her best friend so vulnerable............Althea is a very prominent doctor in her field for god sake, why she didn't notice what happened to her own body..................?

"What really happened Vero, tell it to me in full details." Now the heiress is more terrified looking at the woman in front of her whose bearing is now disappeared.

Jade knows Veronica as a much put together woman.........as Althea informed her, her best friend is the most compose person among her friends, even in a very erratic or difficult situation.

"I'm always the first person to arrive in the Gallery, but yesterday was different (started Veronica). I notice that Althea's studio door was slightly ajar. So with such curiosity and concern, I did check her studio and to my surprise she was there rubbing her temple. With an instinct I asked her what happened and she was complaining that her head is throbbing and all of her body is aching. That's why I approached her and touched her forehead, to my surprise she was so burn out. Then she collapsed and blood......blood was dripping on her chair." Starting to narrate the event that happened that morning, informed the Art Gallery Manager still in surprise.