Chapter Three

Kendall’s POV:

     The next morning when I woke up, it was twelve-ten. Suddenly remembering that Harry was going to pick me up in less than an hour, I jumped out of bed. Crap! I ran into the shower and stripped off my clothes as I quickly got in. Once I finished showering, I dried my red hair and ran towards my closet. I took out a baby blue plain tank top, black Hollister mini shorts, and white Converse high tops. I brushed my hair and let it fall over my shoulders. I grabbed my phone and wallet and stuffed them inside my pockets and observed myself in the full length mirror. I have to say, I looked quiet cute.

(Kendall’s Outfit:  http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=53478541)

     Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and when I looked at the clock, it said it was one o’ clock. Wow, Harry is literally right on time. I walked over to the front door and opened the door to reveal Harry. He was wearing his Ray Bans from yesterday, faded dark blue jeans, a red T-shirt that said Jack Wills, and white high top Converse that matched mine. He smiled at me, revealing his cute dimples. No, Kendall. Control yourself.

     “Hey,” he smiled.

     I gave him a small smile as I stepped out of my flat and closed the door behind me. “Hey.”

     He twirled his car keys on his finger and asked, “So you ready to go?”

     I nodded. “Ready.”

     I closed and locked the door behind me and we walked down to his car. The drive was literally only five minutes long, so we got there in no time. At Nando's, we slid into a booth and a waitress came and gave us our menus. She wasn't the slutty type, she actually looked really nice and friendly. She had dark brown hair with dark blue streaks and light brown eyes. And what surprised me was that she didn't flirt with Harry or anything. I like this girl - if only all waitresses are like that. As we looked over the menus, I decided that I would just get the Peri-Peri chicken, like I always do. What can I say? I'm a sucker for that. The waitress, who I learned was named Jamie, came and took our orders and then left.

    "So," Harry said, resting his shoulders on the table and leaning forward. "What have you been up to?"

    I shrugged. "When I moved here, I needed money, so I got the job at Starbucks. My parents still send money over every other month, but I can't just live off on their money. And Starbucks pays really well. That's where I met my best friend, Chanel," I explained and he nodded. "But first I finished the last two years of high school, and won't start college for another year or so. I'm not quite ready for that yet."

    Harry furrowed his eyebrows. "What are you talking about?" he asked.  "You're one of the smartest people I know!" I blushed when he said that. There goes trying to show that I don't like him. "And what happened to your hair?" he added with a raised eyebrow.

    My eyes immediately went up to my hair as I frowned. "What? Does it look bad?"

    Harry shook his head quickly with wide eyes. "No no! That's not what I meant!" he said, panicking a little. "It actually looks really nice."

    I chuckled, shaking my head. "It's fine. I actually just wanted to change it, since I moved here and all. I wanted a new me, if you know what I mean."

    He nodded and smiled. "Yeah."

    Our food came and we ate in silence for a while. After a couple of moments, Harry said, "Look, Kendall, I'm really, really sorry about what happened between us."

    I sighed and put down my drink. "I know you're sorry. It's just that... I don't know if I can trust you. Like I said before, you hurt me, and... I just don't know if I can do this..."

    Harry ran a hand through his hair. "Please, just give me chance," he said, almost pleading. You could hear the desperation in his voice.

    I looked into those green eyes of his that I loved. Just by looking into his eyes, I could tell that he was sincerely sorry, and that he meant it. Sighing, I said, "Fine, I forgive you."