Chapter Twenty Four

Harry’s POV:

     To say that I’m worried about Kendall is an understatement. It’s been two days since her father has passed away, and Kendall hasn’t been talking much. Mum said it’s because of shock of the fact that her father just passed away, but I’m still worried. The funeral for George was tomorrow, and the lads, Danielle, Eleanor, Chanel, Erin, and Paul were all flying in. Even though they don’t know who George was, they are coming for Kendall. The news hit me pretty bad too. George was like a father to me too. Before Mum got married to Robin, George was always there for me, and I looked at him as a father figure. And now that he’s gone, it’s just terrible. Mum, Robin, and Kelly have gone out to get everything prepared for George’s funeral, and I was sitting here, in Kendall’s living room, with her.

     We were both curled up in the beige colored leather couch, and she had her face buried in my chest and her legs tucked underneath her. Her hands were sitting on my leg, and I was playing with her fingers. I could hear her sniffle, and I could tell that she was crying. “It’s going to be fine, Kendall,” I said reassuringly. “George is in a better place.”

     She lifted her head and looked outside of the window. “Just because people always say that when someone passes away, doesn’t make it any better,” she said quietly.

     I cupped her cheeks and brought her face closer to mine. “You have to be strong,” I told her. “You promised the lads you’ll stay strong. Your dad would want you to stay strong.”

     Kendall looked down. “I can’t,” she whispered.

     “Yes, you can,” I said firmly. Without letting her argue, I placed my lips on top of hers. She kissed back immediately, and after a minute or two, we pulled away. I rested my forehead on top of hers and said, “You’re going to be fine.”

     Just then, a knock came on the door. I gave Kendall a kiss on the cheek and got up to get the door. When I opened the door, it revealed the lads, Eleanor, Chanel, Erin, and Danielle. “Hey guys,” I smiled.

     They all smiled and Chanel asked in a worried tone, “Is Kendall here?”

     I nodded and stepped aside to let them all in. I lead them to the living room where Kendall was sitting, and immediately, Chanel rushed to her best friend. She pulled Kendall into a hug and said, “Are you okay, babes?”

     Kendall nodded and gave a slight smile. “I’m fine, but I could be better.”

     “We’re so, so sorry for your loss, Kendall,” Zayn said honestly, and the others nodded in agreement.

     Kendall nodded. “Thanks, me too.”

**********

Kendall’s POV:

     It was the day of Dad’s funeral. I was dressed in a black Lattice Cutout Bodycon full sleeved dress that hugged my curves and went a little above my knees and had this white belt time thing on the waist. Along with that, I was wearing simple black flats. My hair was done into a beautiful fish-tail braid, and my make up was light. I was in the living room right now, and was waiting for Harry to get here because we would be going together. The lads, Paul, and girls got in day before yesterday, and I am so grateful that they are here – even though they didn’t even know my dad. As I waited for Harry, I went on Twitter and posted a tweet.