Chapter Forty One

Harry's POV:

    “Harry?”

    Her frail voice echoed throughout the hospital room, and my head snapped up and my eyes landed on her face. Her amazing brown eyes that have been closed for the past few days were now available to see, but they didn't have that spark. Her red hair was a bit messy and sticking to her face because of the bandaid wrapped around her head, but she still managed to look so beautiful. Everyone's attention was on her now, and it was so quiet.

    “Kendall,” I managed to whisper.

    Kelly rushed to my side and looked down at her daughter. Kendall's gaze shifted from me to her mother as she whispered, “Mum?”

    “My baby,” Kelly said sadly, stroking Kendall's hair.

    “Water,” Kendall choked. Immediately, Louis came up with a glass of water and held it against Kendall's lips as she drank all of it. “Thanks,” she smiled slightly at Louis.

    “How're you feeling, babe?” I asked her, holding on to her hand.

    Kendall groaned. “Like crap.”

    “I'll go tell the doctor you're awake,” Liam said as he exited the room.

    We all nodded, and Kendall's eyes then landed on my mum and Gemma. “Anne! Gemma!” she gasped. “What are you doing here?”

    “We came for you, silly!” Gemma grinned down at Kendall.

    Anne nodded in agreement. “I needed to see my daughter,” she winked.

    Kendall smiled weakly, and then Liam entered the room with the doctor from before. When the doctor looked at Kendall, he smiled. “It's good that you're awake, Ms. Woods,” he said. “Does your head hurt?”

    “A little,” she replied. “When can I get out of here?”

     “Well, you can actually get out now,” the doctor said. He then turned to Kelly. “If you can just sign the release forms.”

     “Of course,” Kelly said, and then followed the doctor out.

     Kendall tried to sit up, but ended up just groaning. Quickly, I put one hand under her left arm and the other on her back. I helped her sit up and she smiled at me. “Thanks, Hazza.”

    I smiled at her as she sat up. “Come on, love, we'll help you change,” Eleanor smiled.

    The lads and I exited the room as the girls stayed inside to help Kendall change into the clothes they had brought over just in case she woke up. The lads, Mum, and I waited outside in the hallway, and I crossed my arms over my chest as I look down at the ground. I suddenly felt an arm around my shoulders, and I looked to my right to see that it was Louis, who was smiling at me. “Don’t worry, alright?” he said quietly. “She’s awake, and the doctor said her head will be fine in no time.”