Chapter 10: Broken

Then I did the only thing I could do and called Colby.
____________________________________

"Come on Colby pick up.", I whispered as I walked around the room, but I kept getting voicemail so I guess he was asleep or still driving and just didn't hear his phone. So instead I just went straight to Sam's contact and called him. He picked up on the 2nd ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey Sam!", I said sounding really scared.

"Emma what's wrong you don't sound that good?"

"Me and Colby just got back and anyways I just got back to the apartment when I noticed the door was unlocked. So I went in and everything was wrecked and turned upside down."

"OH MY GOD! Don't worry Emma I will be right there.  Bye be there in a few."

"Okay?", I said as I ended the call.

I walked around the apartment and Moe was nowhere to be found, so I got on my phone to see if he opened the message I sent him earlier.  It says that he opened it, but usually Moe answers, I mean Moe is the kind of person that answers even if he doesn't have too.

Me: Moe are you okay? Also please answer

Moe: Yeah why? Is something wrong?

Me: Yeah, but where are you?

Moe: I'm with a girl but that doesn't matter, what's wrong?

Me: Well when Colby brought me home I noticed the door was unlocked, so when I went in the whole place was destroyed.

Moe: I'm coming be there in a minute.

Me: No! I'm going to Sam and Colby's house. I've already called Sam and he is on his way

Moe: Fine, but I'm going to call the police so they can find out who did this

Me: Fine, but I don't want to be in any part of it

Moe: Fine I will try my best

Me: Well I'm going to go because I think Sam is coming up the elevator. Bye

Moe: Okay bye, but be careful

Me: I will try😉

Then the door to our apartment swung open and Sam came rushing in, and when he reached me all he did was smile and gave me a huge bear hug. The hug was very gentle as Sam whispered in my ear, "I won't let anybody hurt you, I promise.". And that's when that same feeling I had with Colby hit me. I knew Sam meant it that's what made it so touching though.

"Okay Sam I think we should leave just in case they come back."

"Yeah let's go.", Sam said as he let go of me but still had his arm around me.

"Wait don't you want to get your stuff first?"

"Yeah, hold on just one second.", I then took off into my bedroom.

I guess they didn't come in my room because nothing had been touched or moved. But I guess it was because my room is kind of hidden from behind the couch.

When I went in there I grabbed my suit case and packed everything I brought, including my new camera that Colby had gotten for me. Then I ran out of the room with all my stuff and ran right into Sam, who was right by the couch.

"Seriously Sam, I always run into you somewhere."

"I know but let's get out of here, I thought I heard something in Moe's bedroom."

"Okay come on, but be more quiet.", then we went down the elevator and got into Sam's car and traveled to his house.

When we arrived Colby's and Corey's car was gone. So we went inside and went to the kitchen. In the kitchen there was Elton who was on his laptop editing a video and eating some kind of snack. Then Arron was in the living room beside the kitchen, playing fortnight.

"What are you working on Elton?"

"Oh hey Emma! Just another overnight video that we did last week. You know the one at the trampoline park, where we were found?"

"Oh yeah and the reason we were found is because of all of us idiots left our shoes in the cubbies.", Sam said.

After Sam said that I got a phone call so I walked out of the room with all the roommates staring at me as I did. It looked like a call from my grandma.

"Hello?"

"Emma is this you?"

"Yes who is this?"

"This is your cousin."

"I'm calling to tell you that your mom has depression because your dad.... has....  ummm.... cancer."

"What!"

"And he only has a few days to live, so your mom wanted me to tell you to come home."

"I'm sorry but I can't come back."

"Why?"

"Because if I come back she will make sure I stay there and I want to be free to live my own life. So I'm sorry, but I half to go."

"But Emma?", he said before I cut him off with a bye and hung up the phone.

After that call I ran straight up to Colby's room. The only place that I felt connected and not broken in one big piece out of a family.

____________________________________
🌟 863 words 🌟
Thank you for reading. Sorry for any misspelled words and sorry for missing a few days. It has been a busy start to Summer.
June 1, 2018