The start of something new

Cheryl's POV: 

Well, it's honestly nice having a friend that seems to actually care about me. I mean, I know I have Kevin and Veronica and stuff but, Toni was just... Different. She was actually really cool and sweet. Maybe I misjudged the serpents after all. "So, this is your trailer?" I asked Toni as I looked around. "Yeah, I know it's not much but it's all mine so.." she replied. I just nodded, "it must be nice being by yourself... my parents are the worst." I said as I looked down. "Well, it gets lonely." Toni said looking at me. "What about the other serpents? Don't they come by?" I asked. Toni nodded, "Mostly Jughead comes by and sometimes the others but, I don't really have any girl friends to hangout with." Toni said. "I'll hangout with you... no charge." I said with a small smile. Toni's eyes lit up, "Really?" she asked. "Of course... we're friends now, silly." I said as I sat on her couch. "Hey, you wanna maybe watch a movie?" Toni asked me. I just looked around, "You have a tv in here?" I asked, not meaning to sound rude. "Yes I have a tv in here Cheryl.." Toni said with a small chuckle, "But I meant we should go to the movies." I just smiled at her, "Sure, lets go." 

It was really cold in the movie theater. I didn't realize I was making it obvious. "Here." Toni said as she took off her serpent jacket and put it over my shoulders, leaving her in a tank top. "Thanks." I said with a smile as I blushed, not knowing why. Once the movie was over I received a call from Veronica. 

"Hey V, whats up?"-Cheryl

"Nothing much, where are you right now?" -Veronica

"I'm at the movies with Toni, why?" -Cheryl

"Wait, you're seeing a movie with Toni?"- Veronica

"Yeah, we're cool now. Anyways, what can I help you with?" -Cheryl

"I was just wondering if you wanted to hangout with Kevin and I" -Veronica

"Um... Sure. bye." -Cheryl

"Who was that?" Toni asked. "It was Veronica, she wants me to hang out with her and Kevin." I finished. "Oh... okay, sure." Toni said disappointed. "would you wanna tag along?" I asked. She smiled at me, "Sure, if that's okay with them." I nodded, "It will be fine." I said with a smile. Just then we left the theater and headed to Veronica's house. Once we got there, Veronica opened the door. "Hey Cher-" She said as she looked at me. "what?" I asked confused. Just then I looked down and realized I was still wearing Toni's serpent jacket. "oh.. it was cold in the movies." I said nervously as I took it off and handed it to Toni. "Right.. anyways, come in guys." Veronica said as she let us in. As we entered, I saw Kevin sitting on the couch. "hmm, Cheryl Blossom friends with a serpent? Plot twist. You must be something special, Toni." He joked. I just rolled my eyes at him and sat next to him on the couch. Hours went by as the four of us played games, watched movies, ate snacks, and talked. Eventually, we all got really tired and decided to go home. I got in my car as Toni got in as well. "That was fun." Toni said as she smiled at me. "Yes it was" I said back with a smile. As we started driving I noticed Toni playing with her hands nervously. "You ok?" I asked her. She just looked up at me, "What? Oh... yeah. I'm good." She said with a smile. After a few minutes we arrived at Toni's trailer. "Home sweet home." I said with a smile. She just laughed, "I'll see you in school, Bombshell." she joked as she left my car. As she walked away I admired the way her hair fell down her back, and how good her serpent jacket looked on her. I just smiled to myself as I drove home. As soon as I got home, I tried quietly walking inside because it was really late but I was greeted by my mother. "Where have you been, Cheryl?" She asked, sounding annoyed. "I was with some friends.. Look, I'm really tired I'm just going to head to bed." I said, trying to get passed her. She grabbed my arm and spun me around, "I will not have you staying out this late." She said through clenched teeth. "Mom, leave me alone. Jeez." I said as I tried to get out of her grip, instead she punched me in the face really hard, causing me to fall back into the wall. I was shocked by her outburst. She's usually very abusive but she's never actually hit me. A tear rolled down my cheek as I finally managed to run upstairs into my bedroom. I locked the door behind me, just in case. I went into the bathroom in my room and looked in the mirror, my eye was black and blue and I had a bloody cut right next to my eye, assuming it's from my mothers nails. I let more tears fall from my face as I lightly touched the bruise. I wiped my tears, got into pajamas, and cuddled up into bed, wishing I wasn't such a fuck up and had someone to hold me right now. I let bad thoughts into my head as my tears turned into me sobbing. 

The next day... 

Toni's POV:

I was looking forward to school today because I've really been enjoying spending time with Cheryl. Sure, she was a complete bitch when I first met her but somethings really changed with her. Like, I feel I finally understand her facade. I finished brushing my hair as I slid my serpent jacket on and ran out the door to my motorbike. I then sped off to school. Once I showed up, I parked my bike and entered the building. I got some books from my locker and headed off the my first class. The first few periods went by slow, but third period came along soon enough, meaning I get to see Cheryl. Once I got in the class, I saw Cheryl sitting in her desk. Which was surprising cause she was always late. Never early. Something was different with her, she was wearing a long sleeved hoodie and sweatpants and her hand was covering half her face as she was doing some work. I approached my desk and plopped down next to her. "Hey.. you okay?" Cheryl flinched at my touch. "y-yeah, I'm okay." She clearly lied. "No... you're not. What's wrong?" I asked again as I touched her shoulder. "I said I'm fine!" she snapped, finally looking at me. "Oh my god... Cheryl, your eye.." I said as I gently touched it. "She just let a tear escape her eye. "What happened?" I asked concerned. She just began to cry, I got out of my seat and pulled her into a hug as she cried on me. "My mom... s-she hit me." She said between sobs. I felt sick to my stomach, "She HIT you?" I asked enraged. Without knowing what else to do, I looked down at a crying Cheryl. "Come over after school. You can spend the night. I don't want you being around your mother." I said as I stroked her hair. She just nodded into my shoulder as she continued to cry. 

After school...

Cheryl was just quietly sitting on my bed, playing with her fingers. "Cheryl..." I said, sitting down next to her. She just looked up at me. Something broke inside her, I could see that. I touched her arm, but she winced in pain and pulled back quickly. I looked at her confused, but then I put it together. "Cheryl... roll up your sleeves" I said sternly. She just shook her head no as she looked down and more tears fell down. "hey... it's okay.." I whispered as I slowly pulled her sleeve up, revealing dozens of deep cuts. I felt my heart break as a tear fell down my own eye. I looked her in the eyes, and wiped her tears with my thumb. "It's okay.." I whispered, as I slowly leaned in, connecting our lips. The kiss lasted for several seconds before we broke it for air. Cheryl just wiped her tears and stood up. "I-I should go." she said. "No, Cheryl I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that. You can't go back to your abusive mother. I'll take the couch tonight, you can stay in here." I said as I left the room. What the hell did I just do?