Recovery

Cheryl's POV: 

"Toni?" I said as I rolled over to face her. It was now morning and it felt so good to finally be sleeping in bed with my girlfriend again. I really missed her. "Yeah?" She asked as she looked at me. "I wanna see my Nana Rose.." I said to her. "Okay, then lets go see her." she replied. I just looked at her. "She... lives with my parents." 

"So what. Lets storm in there like the boss bitches we are and see your nana. I'm sure she misses you." She said with a small smile. "I haven't seen my parents in over two months. I'm afraid. Plus, you just got out of the hospital... you have a huge scar on your stomach and you can't walk without your cane. I don't want to risk my mom trying to hurt you. If she can hurt me without blinking, she can definitely hurt my girlfriend, being the homophobe she is." I replied. "Babe, we're in this together. I'm always gonna be here for you. If you walk back into that house, it's gonna be with me." Toni said as she gently touched my face. I just smiled at her, "You're amazing." I said as I leaned in to connect our lips. Just then we got ready and headed off to Thistlehouse. 

(Meanwhile, at Veronica's)

"You're so beautiful." Veronica said to Betty as they laid in bed. Betty just blushed, "We'll agree to disagree on that one, V." Betty said with a laugh. Veronica just sat up in the bed and looked at Betty. "Was it weird? That you spent the night?" She asked Betty. "What? No, of course not. I wanted to." Betty replied. Veronica just smiled at her. "So... it was your first time? With a girl?" she asked Betty. She just nodded, "Yeah, you?" V nodded as well, "first time." she answered. "Well, coulda fooled me." Betty joked. V just blushed a little. "I have a question.. well, two actually." V said. Betty just nodded, "Go for it." 

"Okay first... does Jughead hate me now?" V asked. Betty just shook her head, "No V, of course not. He's just a little hurt and confused." she replied honestly. "Ok good... and second, would you maybe wanna be my girlfriend? I know being best friends and then going to girlfriends is a big transition for a girl who just figured out her sexuality but I really--" Veronica was cut off by Betty kissing her passionately. "I-is that a yes?" V asked with a smile. Betty just nodded her head as she bit her lip and they began kissing some more. 

((At Thistlehouse)) 

Toni's POV:

We just pulled up to Cheryl's old home. I could tell she was nervous to see her parents, seeing as her mom disowned her and her dad is just... well, the devil. They both are though. Cheryl took my hand and a deep breath as we approached the front door. When she knocked, her father answered. He looked very surprised to see Cheryl, but even a little more surprised to see her with me. "The one and only Toni Topaz." He said with a chuckle. "Hello, Cheryl." He said turning his gaze over to her. "father." she replied looking down. I just squeezed her hand. "So you two are friends now? Who woulda thought my old serpent friend would be friends with my deviant daughter." Clifford said. I was about to speak but Cheryl interjected. "Okay, first off, daddy...She was never your friend. and second of all, I guess mom didn't tell you, but Toni is actually my girlfriend. We've been together for a little over two months now." Cheryl said proudly. He just looked shocked, "So... you won't have sex with me when I asked, numerous times back when I was a serpent... but you have sex with my daughter?" He said. "I love her." I responded. "hm." he said looking down at our hands intertwined. He moved his gaze up to my bare stomach, seeing as I was wearing a black crop top. "What happened to your stomach? and why do you have a cane?" Clifford asked confused. "She doesn't have to explain that to you. We came here to see my Nana, so... where is she?" Cheryl asked. "She went out to a doctors appointment with your mother. They should be back any minute." Clifford said. "Okay. Well, can I go up to my old room with Toni and wait for her? I don't want to be around you any longer than I have to and plus, there's still some things in my room I forgot to take to Toni's trailer that I wanted to take with me." Cher said. He just rolled his eyes, "Whatever, Cheryl." He said as he moved out of the way to let us in. Cheryl led me in and helped me up the stairs, it took a while but eventually we got to her old bedroom. I've never actually been inside Cheryl's house before. Her room was so beautiful. It kind of made me feel bad that she was now living in a one bedroom trailer. Her room alone was literally bigger than my whole home. "ok I wanna take this... oh, and this." She began as she picked up a few things. "Oh, and this top." She said with a smile as she held it in her hand. "wow, that's beautiful." I said with a smile. "You want it?" She asked as she smiled at me. "I-i couldn't take your clothes. You seem to really like it." I replied. "Well yeah, but I love you. Besides, you took me in. A blouse could never repay you for that. Take it." She said with a smile as she held it out to me. I just smiled and took it, "I love you too. and you already have repayed me.." I said honestly. Cheryl just looked at me confused. "How did I repay you? I didn't even--" She began but I cut her off by kissing her lips. "You gave me you. All of you. and being with you every single day is way better than a top, or a place to live, or anything money could buy." I said, staring into her eyes. Just then Cheryl's mother came storming into the room. "Cheryl... You." She said the last part giving me an evil glare. "Mother." Cher said sternly. "Toni, I see you haven't given up on my daughter yet? But don't worry. you will. they all do." Penelope said rudely. I looked at Cheryl and saw her look down. "I will never give up on Cheryl." I replied. Penelope just looked me up and down, "Is that why you have that hideous scar on your belly? Did Cheryl get high and attack you or something? Or was it the other way around. Being a serpent and all, you must have said or did something to her to antagonize her." Penelope said. That, got me angry. "I would never hurt Cheryl. and she would never hurt me. If you must know, I was stabbed. And Cheryl was by my side every day in the hospital till I came home. She's amazing. She's not loveless, she's not deviant... She's, sensational. and I'm sorry you haven't been around in her life much to see that." I finished. I saw Cheryl smile but as I turned back to Penelope I was met with her hand slapping me across the face. "Mom!" Cheryl yelled as she stepped up to her. "Kicking someone when they're already down? That's cold, even for you. She needs a cane to walk, for crying out loud! and here you are, slapping her? This is why. This is why I feel safer with her. Because she loves me." Cheryl finished. Penelope just laughed. "Girls don't love girls. It doesn't work that way. She doesn't love you, Cheryl. She's a snake. She'll have sex with anyone, boy or girl. But there's no love there." She said coldly. Before I could defend that, Cheryl took my hand and helped me out of the room. "Lets find my nana." She said to me. I just nodded as we finally got downstairs to see my nana rose watching tv. "Nana?" Cheryl said as we approached her. I could see her turn around and she smiled the instant she saw us. "Cheryl." She said with a big smile. "and who's your little friend here?" She said, looking at me. "Nana Rose, this is my girlfriend... Toni Topaz." She finished. "Well, it's nice to meet you, Toni." Nana Rose said as she extended her hand to shake mine. I smiled and shook her hand. "I've missed you, Nana." Cher said to her. "I missed you too, dear." She said as she took Cheryl's hand. I decided to give them some alone time, so I made an excuse. "I have to use the bathroom..." I said as I looked around. "Down the hall to the right." Cheryl said with a smile. I just nodded and went to the bathroom.