Engaged

((a few days later))

Toni's POV:

I can't believe I finally proposed to Cheryl. We were finally going to be a real family and there is nothing I'm looking forward to more. Betty and Veronica were planning a party to celebrate and all of our friends were invited. Just then I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and kiss my neck, I smiled at the smell of cherry scented perfume. I turned around to face my beautiful fiance and connected our lips. "I love you so much baby. I want you to know that I'm going to be here for you for the rest of our lives and I will protect you from all the pain you've been feeling." I said as I looked right into Cheryl's eyes. She smiled and moved a piece of hair that was in my face behind my ear.

Before we could say anything else to each other, Cheryl's phone started to ring. She pulled her phone out of her back pocket and answered it, "Hey what's up?" Cher said to the other person on the phone. The conversation lasted for about five minutes but she finally ended the call with a "sounds good we'll be there." and put her phone back in her pocket. "What was that about?" I asked her.

"It was Veronica, she said the party is all planned and it's tonight at eight." she said with a smile. "Awesome! and your Nana Rose will be looking after Caleb right?" I asked, already knowing the answer. "Yeah, every thing is all sorted out." She added with a smirk. I just looked at her confused, "What's with the face?" I said with a small laugh. "We have four hours till the party starts..." She said with that same smirk on her face. Realizing where she was coming from, I then had the same smirk on my face as I pulled her in for a passionate kiss. We began to make out and I pushed her onto the bed and started kissing her neck. She let out a soft moan as I pulled her shirt off. We spent hours just making love to each other and being wrapped up in each others presence.

We laid in the bed together with our naked bodies cuddled into each other. "I love you." Cheryl whispered as she kissed my hand. "I love you more." I said with a smile. I saw Cher blush a little as she then turned her head to check the time. "As much as I really don't want to get up, we have to be at Veronica's in half an hour." Cher said to me.

When we finally got dressed and every thing, we made sure Caleb was fed and left him with Cher's Nana as we then got into her car and began driving to V's. Once we got there we knocked and instantly were greeted with all of our friends. "congrats on the engagement guys!" V said as she hugged us.

There were party streamers every where and yummy looking food as well. Our friends really cared for us and I could see it in Cheryl's face how much it meant to her, and me as well. "ayeee there's the soon to be married couple!" Jug said with a huge grin as he came over and gave us both a big hug. "Hey you guys want some food?" V said as she lead us over to the display of food. All the food was from pops and it all looked so good. "Wow this is all so amazing... I'm speechless." Cheryl said to them. "Yeah you all are really the best friends we could ask for." I added with a smile. "Hey where's Betty?" Cheryl asked, scanning the room to find she was nowhere in sight. Veronica's face lit up with a smile as she began to speak, "Follow me, ladies." Cheryl and I just looked at each other confused and shrugged as we followed her to her bedroom. When she opened the door, Betty was there... but she wasn't alone. My mouth dropped open, as did Cheryl's, when we saw who was standing there... Penelope Blossom. 

"M-mom?" Cheryl said confused. "Hi honey.." she said, which surprised me. "What are you doing here? We told you never to come back to Riverdale or we would have you arrested! This is a big risk you're taking. V, call the cops." Cheryl said as she turned to Veronica. "Cheryl.. I know what you're thinking. Because I was thinking the same thing... we all were. but you have to hear her out." Veronica replied. "But she's crazy! She's the reason Archie raped me! She's the reason I'm so messed up! She has done nothing but abuse me my whole life. She threatened Toni in more ways than one! How do you expect me to forgive such a blood sucking leech?" Cheryl said as she crossed her arms. "We aren't saying any of that is okay... but you really should hear her out." Betty added. Cheryl and I remained quiet as we turned our attention to Penelope. 

"Girls... I am so sorry for every thing I've physically and emotionally done to your relationship. I deserve to die in a jail cell and rot in hell. But I came back here because I've had a lot of time to think. Cheryl... remember when you were little? We used to talk about your future wedding all the time. We even had a few fake weddings with little boys in the neighborhood and you were so happy all the time. I thought you would grow to love a man one day... when I saw you with Toni, I just freaked out. I felt like all of that was for nothing, but I was wrong. I started treating you like shit once you started to grow up and I really regret not acting like a real mother towards you...If Jason were here, he would never forgive me for what I've done to you... so I don't expect you to. But I want you to know I misjudged Toni. I've had spies watching you guys because believe it or not, I wanted to see for myself if your love was real for each other and I wanted to see that she was treating you right. At first, the whole spy thing was for the wrong reasons. But it all changed when I began to see the happy Cheryl I saw when you were little... the one from the fake weddings. and it changed me. I want another chance to be your mother...I want to support you guys. So I bought you guys an engagement present..." Penelope said as she then opened the closet in Veronica's room and a little puppy with a big bow on it's head came running out. "Oh my god... a puppy?!" Cheryl said as she smiled and bent down to pet the little guy. She had tears in her eyes and I couldn't tell if they were happy or sad tears, so I decided to speak. "Cheryl are you okay?" I asked her. She just stood up and wiped the tears from her eyes, "Yeah, I'm just... very shocked by every thing I heard. But I would like to have a mother again. It's just going to take some time for me to trust you again." Cheryl said as she looked at her mom. "I know. I understand that completely. And Toni... I'm sorry. You are great for my daughter. I misjudged the serpents. and I left my husband when I found out every thing he was involved in. You are the one for Cheryl. I accept you. Both of you." Penelope said with a smile. I felt myself feel a little happy inside. "It may take a little while for me to forgive you... but you will be my mother in law, and what family doesn't have its drama?" I said with a small chuckle. "HUG." Betty and Veronica said in unison as I just shrugged and hugged Cheryl's mom. "You too Cheryl, get in there!" V added. Cher smiled and wrapped her arms around her mom and I. "Alright guys, we have a party to enjoy!" Betty said as she playfully chased the puppy out of the room, Veronica following them. Cheryl, Penelope and I just stared at each other with smiles and for the first time... there was love in the air. No abuse. No hate. No homophobic comments. Nothing. Nothing but love. Every thing really was coming together. 

And so for the rest of the night, Penelope Blossom enjoyed the party with all of Cheryl and I's friends and every thing just seemed so perfect. Was it too good to be true? Or was this finally going to be a happy little love story... the world may never know. But I guess we will find out...