Dealing with it

Cheryl's POV: 

I ran into thistlehouse crying but was stopped before I could get upstairs by Toni and my Nana Rose. "Cheryl wait." Toni blurted out. I turned and looked at her with tears in my eyes. My Nana looked at my bruised and cut face, but didn't seem so surprised because I'm assuming Toni told her everything. "Oh Cheryl... are you okay honey?" Nana Rose asked me as I just shook my head no and looked at the floor, wiping my tears. Toni just came up to me and pulled me into a heart felt hug and held me close. "I'm so sorry baby." she whispered in my ear as she held me. I just cried a little into her neck. She let go of me and looked me in the eyes, "Something else is bothering you... what is it?" Toni asked knowingly. I just shook my head uncontrollably and looked at the floor, avoiding eye contact. 

"Tell me." Toni added. I just rolled my sleeve up to reveal week old cuts. "Y-you relapsed?" Toni said, sounding heartbroken. "I'm so sorry." was all I could manage to say as more tears filled my eyes. "Hey, look at me." Toni said as she used her finger to lift my chin so we were now making eye contact. She wiped my tears with her thumbs and cupped my face as she then placed a soft kiss on my lips. Once we broke the kiss she took my hand, "Come on, lets talk." She said as she guided me upstairs to our room. I just quietly sat on the bed as Toni made her way next to me. "Why'd you do it?" She asked as she gently touched my arm. I just shrugged, "I don't know. Sometimes I just hurt." I answered. "What can I do to help you?" Toni asked concerned. "Not leaving me alone to hangout with Jughead while I'm at home depressed." I said bluntly. "Okay that's not fair. You said you didn't want to go because of Caleb." Toni replied. "I obviously was upset that day. You could've just stayed with me cause I needed you. Well, this is the result." I said gesturing to my arm as I stood up and left the room. 

I don't know what's wrong with me. Why am I feeling like this and acting out on the people I care most about? I took Caleb from my Nana and got into my car and drove to Veronica's. Once I got there, she let me in and saw how upset I was. Betty was with her and she took Caleb from me and let me in. "Where's Toni?" Betty asked as she held Caleb. "Home." I replied quickly. Veronica and Betty just looked at each other concerned. "Did you two have a fight?" V asked. I just shrugged, "I don't know." 

"Is this about her getting expelled?" Betty asked. I just nodded, "No. We didn't even talk about that yet." 

"Then what is it?" V asked worried. "I just want to die sometimes. She's the only person in this world that stops me from putting a bullet in my head and I just... I'm pushing her away like the bitch I used to be." I said looking down. "What do you mean... stopping you from putting a bullet in your head? Are you suicidal Cheryl?" Veronica asked with extreme caution in her voice. "Maybe I am." I admitted as I rolled my sleeve up. "Call Toni." V said as she turned to Betty. "She already knows Veronica and I--" I began but Betty cut me off, "Believe me that's not why we're calling her." 

After about ten minutes Toni showed up crying. Did I make her cry? I felt like even more shit now. "Tell her." V said to me. "Tell her what?" I asked. "What you told us." Betty added. I just let a tear fall, "I can't." I said as I ran up to Veronica's room and locked the door. I got on the bed and cried hard into a pillow. There was banging at the door but I ignored it. I heard muffled panicked voices from the other side of the door before the whole door came crashing to the floor. Toni broke through it, Veronica and Betty must've told her... great.  

"Oh thank god." Toni said as she ran over to the bed and pulled me into a hug. I just cried hard on her and I could tell she was crying to. "I'm sorry." I cried. "You never have to apologize to me. I understand. We're gonna get you help, baby." Toni said as I just shook my head in agreement and cried into her lap. V and B left the room to call a therapist for me to talk to as Toni and I just laid in V's bed. Once I calmed down, we cuddled and I traced hearts on Toni's bare tummy since her shirt was lifted. I loved her so much, I guess I was just afraid to lose her. I need to handle whatever this is in my head without hurting her because when I hurt her, I hurt myself even more. "I'm sorry I punched Jen and got expelled.." Toni said as she connected our hands. "It's okay... you were just defending me. I just... I'm gonna miss you not being in school." I admitted. "We'll always be together... even when we aren't together. Because our hearts are one. and I love you." Toni said as she kissed my lips passionately. "T-there's something else.." Toni began once we broke the kiss. I just looked at her for her to continue. "I was going to do this earlier but I haven't found the right moment... but..." Toni said as she got off the bed and pulled a ring from out of her serpent jacket and got on one knee. "Cheryl Blossom... I knew from the moment I saw you I was in love with you, and I'm so happy we're finally a family. We have Caleb now and we'll forever have each other. No matter what. I will stand by you through what you're going through, I will help you, and everything that follows after I will be there as well. You're my soulmate... so will you marry me?" 

I was so shocked, as were Veronica and Betty who were now standing in the room as well. I looked at Toni with happy tears in my eyes and nodded quickly, "Of course I'll marry you!" I said excitedly as I wrapped my arms around her neck and kissed her with passion. Veronica and Betty awed as they clapped for us. Toni then slipped the ring on my finger with a smile. "I love you." I said to her. She just kissed my hand, "I love you more, angel." 

"We need to call Jug!" V and B said in unison as they ran out of the room. It was time to celebrate! My mind was definitely off suicide and only focused on my future with Toni. I can't have a future with her if I'm not alive, but I do still need help. Toni and a therapist will help me with that, but right now... I was actually happy