The iconic death

Toni's POV: 

Cheryl and I are really happy with Caleb right now. He's the perfect infant. He rarely cries and not to mention he looks exactly like Cheryl, which makes it a million times harder not to love him. Another good thing is we haven't heard from Archie yet which is always perfect in any given situation. 

Just then Cheryl walked in holding Caleb in his little onesie and feeding him his bottle. "Hey beautiful." I said with a smile as I walked over to her and kissed her lips. I then kissed Caleb's forehead as he continued to drink the milk. Cheryl just had a big smile on her face, which I loved seeing. When she was happy, I was happy. A few minutes went by and we finally got Caleb down for a nap. Cheryl and I left Caleb in his crib as we went downstairs to make food but before we could even get the ingredients out, there was a knock on the door. 

I sighed and put down the milk as I looked toward Cheryl, "Expecting anybody?" I asked. Cheryl just shook her head no as I just moved towards the front door and answered it to see Archie standing there with blood all over his hands and a gun to his head. Cheryl was now at my side staring at Archie as well, "Archie? What the hell is this what are you doing?" She asked worriedly. Not so much for Archie's sake, but clearly for the baby and I's safety cause I felt her jolt closer to me to protect me. "I wanna see my child one time before I'm gone for good. I promise you'll never see me again." Archie said as he  gestured to the gun in his hand to show what he meant. 

"Are you crazy? You bring a gun to my house while our child is sleeping upstairs and you think we're gonna let you see him?" I said as I looked him straight in the eyes. He just scoffed, "He's not your child he's my child." He said coldly. Cheryl just moved herself so she was now standing in front of me and stepped closer to Archie. "Be careful." I whispered to her, seeing as he had a gun. Cheryl ignored my comment and just began to defend us. "Caleb is Toni's child, as well as mine. You aren't in this picture. So if you threatening to kill yourself is a way of thinking you can see Caleb, you might as well leave now." She finished. Before Archie could comment back, Jughead pulled up on his motorcycle. Once he saw Archie and the gun, he ran over to us. "What the hell is going on here? Are you guys alright? Is Caleb?" Jug asked with fear in his voice. 

Cheryl and I just nodded our heads, "We're okay. but he's trying to see Caleb." Cheryl added. Jug then looked at Archie, "And you're threatening them with a gun?" Jug asked with sickness in his voice. "He isn't threatening us with it... he's threatening himself. He's going to shoot himself." I answered. "Woah, calm down man." Jug said as he tried to get the gun. Archie refused to give it to him, and then proceeded to beg to see our baby. After arguing back and forth about it for a while, Jug interjected. "I have an idea." He interrupted. "What if I take the gun from him, then you let him just see him, not touch, and then let Archie leave and you'll never see him again. It just seems like the safest route to take." Jug finished. "No. There's no way we're gonna--" Cheryl began but Archie interrupted with the most innocent "Please." 

I looked at Archie, then to Cheryl and sighed. "Fine. But you give Jug the gun and stay right there with him till we get back." I replied. Archie just nodded and handed the gun to Jughead. "Thank you guys so much." Archie said as Cheryl and I just rolled our eyes and ran upstairs to wake Caleb. We gently took him out of his crib and brought him downstairs. Archie just stared at him in amazement. "Wow. My son. He's so beautiful." He said as a tear rolled off his cheek. "I want to tell you something, Caleb. I'm sorry you'll never meet me. and I'm sorry I had to do this so early in your life, but it's better this way. and one day your mom can tell you why. I love you, son." Archie finished as more tears fell. He then grabbed the gun from Jug and backed away from Caleb as he held the gun to his head and shot himself right through the brain. Blood went everywhere and Archie's lifeless body fell to the ground. Jug, Cheryl and I just stared at his dead body in absolute shock. "H-he actually was suicidal?" I thought out loud. 

"Oh my god, I'm gonna be sick." Cher said as she held her stomach. Jug just continued staring at him, clearly in shock. None of us knew what to do. After five minutes of staring at his dead body, Cheryl took Caleb upstairs and stayed with him as Jug and I called the cops. 

(Fifteen minutes later) 

The cops finally showed up to the report we made, and luckily neither of us were in trouble. Apparently a neighbor witnessed what happened and knows no one shot him and none of us were at fault. Once the policeman took our statements, the coroner came and took Archie away and that was the end of that situation, or at least the fact that it occurred on our doorstep. We decided to call Betty and Veronica and talk about what happened because watching something like that happen was definitely triggering for all three of us. When they showed up they came inside thistlehouse and we all shared our version of events and V and B actually helped us through it very well, of course once they got through the shock of it themselves. Which to be honest with you, I don't think any of us will be getting through that part any time soon but hey, it's Riverdale after all. All I know now is we're all safe and can be happy in the future as a real family with our son. The only question is... when Caleb grows up, how are we going to tell him that his birth father shot himself in the head only ten feet away from him?