The doctors visit

Cheryl's POV: 

Since all of the drama with Nick St. Clair is behind us, Toni thought it would be a good idea to visit the doctor to check on the progress of the baby. It's been a few days since the trial and we were finally in a good place. Or at least for now. "Babe, relax. It will be okay." Toni said with a small smile as she rested her hand on mine as we sat in the doctors waiting room. "I know I've only been pregnant for about a month or so but I feel like it's been forever and I know I've been hiding it well lately, but I'm really scared." I said as I looked into her eyes. Like.. I was actually going to be a mom. That scared me a little, but I knew it would be worth it. I just wish Archie wasn't the father. This isn't how I pictured having a kid. "I'm going to be right by your side every second of every day. You're not in this alone. You never will be. I promise." Toni replied as she gently squeezed my hand. I just smiled a little at her as a doctor finally called my name. Toni and I got up and followed the woman to one of the rooms. "Okay so which one of you is the pregnant one?" The doctor asked as we got into the room. I just looked at her, "That would be me." I answered. "We're going to do a routine check up on the baby. So we'll do a sonogram and take it from there." She said with a smile as she told me to lay back on the chair. I did as I was told throughout the whole process as she got the gel ready to put on my stomach. I laid there as slowly but surely, the sonogram came up on the screen. The baby was very small and not grown much but I nearly melted when I saw it. "Oh my god.." I whispered as a tear fell down my cheek. I looked at Toni and she just smiled at me "That's your baby." Toni said  with a cute grin on her face. "No... that's our baby." I replied as I took her hand. 

I saw Toni's face light up. I know we talked about raising the baby together, and that's exactly what we planned on doing. No matter who the birth father is, we are the parents. We can do it. After the basic procedures took place, the appointment was over. Before we left, the doctor gave us sonogram pictures. They were beautiful. 

Toni and I made it back to my car and talked about how being parents would completely change our dynamic and even though that scared us a little, we were going to stay strong and love that baby just as much as we love each other. We weren't going to let the fact that it was Archie's get in the way of us being happy. 

Once we made our way home, we were met with Nana Rose. "hi girls, how did the doctors go?" she asked as she looked at us. "It went well. Here's the sonogram." I said with a smile as I handed her the picture. "Wow...it's beautiful." she replied with a smile as she handed back the picture. "Oh by the way... there's something waiting for you in your room." My nana added as I just looked at Toni confused and shrugged as we ran up the stairs and opened the bedroom door to see Betty sitting on the bed and Veronica sitting on a little chair next to her. They both turned to look at us with smiles on their faces as they heard the door open. "What are you guys doing here?" I asked as I looked at them. "We wanted to see how the appointment went. and we also just wanted to see you guys." V said with a smile as she stood up and hugged us. "Sooo... how's the baby?" Betty asked with a smile as she came over to us as well. I just looked at Toni and smiled as I then handed Betty the sonogram. "Oh my..it's--" 

"Beautiful." Veronica finished Betty's sentence. Betty just shook her head in agreement as they stared at the photo. Once we all gushed over our future child, we figured the four of us would watch a movie or something... but what we actually ended up doing was laying altogether on the bed sprawled out with a laptop watching Rose & Rosie's youtube videos. They are by far the cutest couple ever. 

After a few hours have passed by, my phone rang. It wasn't an unknown caller, but I didn't recognize the number. "I'll be right back." I said as I left the room to answer the call. 

"Who is this?" I said to the other line shortly after I answered. 

"Cheryl... before you hangup I need you to hear me out." The voice on the other line said. I felt my body tense up

"Archie..?" I asked. 

"Yes... Look, I just want to talk." He replied. 

"There's nothing to say." I answered. 

There was a silence but sooner or later, Archie broke it. 

"I want to be a part of my child's life.

I felt my stomach sink. 

"How did you even-- you know what... it doesn't matter. There is no way I'm going to let you near that child. You raped me, Archie. This child is being conceived through rape. I don't want you being apart of its life. Or mine." I finished. 

"Cheryl please. Do you really think I would try to hurt you again? Your posse made it very clear you're safe guarded. I just want to see my kid when it comes into this world. Please." He begged. 

"No. It's too late. You did this. You raped me. You fucked up. You got someone pregnant but trust me, that's your only part in it. You'll never be his real father." I replied. 

"So what then? You're going to raise the baby by yourself?" He asked. 

"No. Toni will help me raise the child. She's more parent material and she didn't rape me so that's already a step up from your parenting skills." I finished. 

"Two lesbians are going to raise my child? No way." 

"It doesn't matter if he or she has two moms. We will be amazing parents and have an amazing life without you in it." I added.

"If you think this is over, it isn't. When that child is born, you bet your ass I'll be fighting for custody in court." he said as he hung up.

I just quickly re-entered the bedroom and sighed against the door. "What is it? Is everything okay?" Toni asked as she got off the bed and came over to me. "That was Archie..." I said as I looked at her. "What?!" Toni, Veronica, and Betty all yelled in unison. "he said he wants to be a part of the baby's life..I don't even know how he found out I was pregnant." I said as I put my head in my hands. "He's got some nerve." Toni replied. "Guys... he said he was going to fight us in court for custody when the baby is born.." I said to them. "um...I'm no expert, but I don't think any sensible judge would let Archie father your child for many reasons. One, he raped you and that's how you're pregnant. If a judge knew that, he'd lose the case instantly. Along with that, he's been arrested and has a record now so he isn't fit for custody anyway. There's nothing to worry about, Cher. Trust me. You and Toni are the parents. That's how it's supposed to be." Betty interjected. "She's right baby." Toni said as she took my hands. "hey, look at me." she added as she used her finger to lift my chin up to make eye contact with her. "I love you. We can do this." Toni said to me. I just smiled a little as she leaned in to connect our lips. The kiss lasted for several seconds until we just looked into each others eyes. Being with her was magical. I wasn't about to let anyone or anything change that. Betty and Veronica decided they were going to spend the night with us, so we were going to have a couples sleepover. The night was far from over, as was the drama. but that doesn't mean distractions don't exist...