The sisters of quiet mercy

Toni's POV: 

After Cheryl's mother drove away with Cheryl, I slammed my front door and let a bunch more tears come out. I don't usually let people see me cry. Cheryl's crazy mother was probably going to let the people at the hospital think she gave herself that black eye and huge gash right next to it. If the hospital is even where her mom is really taking her. But I planned to find out. I checked the time and realized I was over an hour late to school. I quickly rushed into an outfit, clearly lazily prepared, and slid my serpent jacket on. I grabbed my book bag and left my trailer, hopping onto my motorbike. I then sped off to school. As soon as I got in the building I ran around like a crazy person looking for Veronica. I then remembered it was in the middle of second period and Veronica had math, according to Cheryl. I figured out which class she was in after going room to room to every single math class. I barged into the class as the teacher was speaking and spotted Veronica. "What the fuck is wrong with you, Lodge?" I snapped in front of the entire class, but I didn't even remember to care. Veronica just stood up from her seat. "What are you talking about, Toni?"she asked, clearly confused. "You told Mrs. Blossom where Cheryl was! Can't you see I was trying to protect her! Didn't you notice her eye --" I stopped myself, realizing I was speaking to the whole class about Cheryl's personal life. "Can I, uh, see you in the hall?" I said, looking around at the class who was just staring blankly at me. Veronica began to follow me out of the room, "Um, excuse me? You can't just leave in the middle of class because one of your friends says to." The teacher said to Veronica, but before she could respond to him, I jumped in. "It's an emergency, sir." I said as I rushed Veronica out the door before he could say another word. Once we were in the hall, Veronica just looked at me. "What's up? What the hell is going on?" 

"Her eye. I know you saw her fucking eye, Veronica." I said. "Yeah, I did. She told me she got into another fight with Archie and he hit her. I already took care of him. What does that have to do with Mrs. Blossom?" she asked confused.  "You took care of him? What does that even-- you know what? It doesn't matter. That's not what happened. Mrs. Blossom hit Cheryl that night we hung out. That's why she's staying with me. Or at least she was until your big mouth told Mrs. Blossom exactly where she was! And now she's taking Cheryl to some kind of hospital because she--" I began but looked down. I couldn't tell Veronica everything. Not without Cheryl's permission. "Because? Because she what?" Veronica asked, clearly shocked by what I just told her. So I came up with a half truth half lie. "Because she was caught sleeping in the same bed as me. Ok? and no, nothing happened so get that look off your face." I defended. Veronica just rolled her eyes. "Fuck." She muttered to herself. "I really fucked up." 

"Yeah, ya think?!" I quietly yelled. "We need to find her." Veronica added. "How?! Are you aware of how many "Hospitals" there are in Riverdale." I said, putting air quotes around hospitals. Veronica just looked at me confused. "Why the air quotes?" She asked. "Do you really think her abusive mother would take her somewhere to get help for what she did? She clearly doesn't care if she's hurt after the arrangement she made to her face." I said, not realizing what just came out of my mouth. "Wait.. what do you mean after what she did? You said her mom was taking her because she caught you in the same bed. Which now that I'm thinking about it, doesn't make much sense. Because a hospital wouldn't do anything about that. She would be taking her to conversion therapy... not a hospital." Veronica said, crossing her arms. Just then it clicked. The question I accidentally asked Veronica was just answered, by Veronica. I don't think her mom was ever planning to take her to a hospital to get help. I think that was a cover. I think once her mom saw us cuddling in the bed, she made the decision to take her away. That was the intention the whole time. "That makes sense!" I yelled a little too eagerly. Now Veronica knew something was up. "Alright Pinky, what's really going on?" she asked. "First off, don't call me that. Like, ever. Second of all, it's not my place to tell you what really went down with Cheryl. All I can tell you is that her mother took her somewhere. and we need to find her before she gets completely brain-washed, or worse." I finished. Veronica just nodded. "I agree. Whatever you need Toni, I'm in. She's my friend too. Just one question though..." She began. I just looked at her with a look on my face, clearly trying to get her to continue. "How are we gonna do that?"