The trial

((One month later)) 

Toni's POV: 

I'm super nervous for the trial today. For the past month, there's been so much drama with our best friends but Jughead finally got over the fact that Betty is in love with Veronica and they're all cool now. Just then, I heard a knock on the bathroom door where I was getting ready. "Babe are you okay in there?" I heard Cheryl say from outside the door. I put the hairbrush down and opened the door to see my beautiful girlfriend leaning against the wall next to the bathroom door. "I'm okay." I said with a fake smile. She just came up to me and took my hands, "I know you aren't. It's okay to be scared. Just know at the end of the day, I love you. and we have to have faith that our fake tape will work with the judge." Cheryl said as she looked at me. I just nodded and looked at our hands, "You're the best girlfriend ever, you know that?" I said with a real smile. "I know." Cher said with a smirk as she pulled me in for a kiss. Once we broke the kiss she came in the bathroom and closed the toilet seat as she sat down on it and let me continue to get ready. 

a few hours passed and Cheryl and I ended up watching a movie and cuddling in that time frame. But eventually, we had to go to court. All of our friends were coming to be supportive and my nerves went crazy as we got into Cheryl's car. 

Once we arrived at court, I sat up at one of the front tables with my lawyer by the judge's stand. 

"We're here today to discuss the murder of Nick St. Clair. What happened? None of us know the truth. What we do know is that Antoinette Topaz was the only one with the young man that was killed that night." The prosecutor said to the whole courtroom. I could feel all eyes on me and I felt sick. The man kept talking about Nick and his death until finally, the security tape from that night was brought into the room, and they put it into the tv and played it for the whole courtroom. I turned around from my seat and looked at Cheryl, Jug, V, and Betty nervously as I turned back to face the television, hoping the jury would buy it. Actually getting to watch it, it seemed pretty believable. 

Once the video played through, it was then understood that I killed him as self defense and it was now time for the jury to decide if I was guilty or not. I sat at my seat with my lawyer as the jury left the room to discuss it. After about ten minutes they came back with their decision. "Jury, have you  reached a verdict?"  The judge said as he looked at the 12 jurors.  "We have your honor." one of the jurors said as they stood up. "In the case of the common wealth, versus Antoinette Topaz, we the jury find the defendant not guilty of murder in the first degree." she said. I felt my whole body just relax as a big smile grew on my face. I turned around to look at my girlfriend and our friends and saw they had big smiles on their faces as well. After the trial was over, I was officially done with jail. For good. and knowing that felt so good. 

I rounded up my friends and girlfriend and we all hugged happily. "Baby, you're free." Cheryl said with a big smile as she pulled me in for a passionate, loving kiss. I smiled into it and once I did, she did as well. We decided to all go to pops to celebrate, seeing as it was only 5:30 in the afternoon. We all carpooled to the chock'lit shop as we blasted music and talked. Once we finally arrived, we all sat down and ate our food and drank our milkshakes. Just then, I looked up across the table and looked at Betty. "Thank you, Betty." I said with a smile. She just swallowed her french fry and looked at me with a smile. "That's what friends are for." 

"I'm just glad I don't have to go motorcycle racing alone now." Jug joked. I just rolled my eyes as Cheryl then looked at me, "You guys do that? That's extremely dangerous." she commented. "We know." Jug and I said in unison with a small chuckle. "Please don't do it anymore." She said seriously. "Babe c'mon it's really fun and I--" 

"No. Promise me. I can't risk losing you. Again. Not when I feel like I just got you back." She said as she looked down. "Okay. I promise. I won't do it anymore." I said as I lifted her chin up with my finger and looked into her eyes. "I won't do it." I repeated as I kissed her lips softly. "Oh come on that's not fair." Jug interjected but Betty elbowed him to shut him up and he soon fell silent. 

After we all ate our food and finished our shakes, Cheryl drove everyone home and then her and I went back to Thistlehouse. As soon as we walked in the front door, we were met by Nana Rose. "I'm guessing the trial went well?" Nana Rose said with a smile on her face. "It sure did." I said as I took Cheryl's hand and smiled. "Which means she's stuck with me." Cher added as she looked at me with a smile. "Happily so." I said as I kissed her hand. "Do you guys want dinner?" She asked us. "We actually just ate." Cheryl said with a smile that could've been taken the wrong way. "Okay, that is gross I seriously did not need to know that." Nana Rose said. I looked at her confused then looked at Cheryl but we then widened our eyes as we realized what she thought we meant. "Noooo, that's not what we meant!" Cheryl said as she flushed red. "We ate at pops with our friends." I quickly added. Nana Rose just looked at us, "Well I'm assuming you'll want dessert then?" She asked us. "No we actually just wanna go up to our room." Cher said. "That's exactly where the dessert is." Nana Rose said with a small smile. "Nana!" Cheryl said as we realized this time she meant us eating each other out. She laughed as we both flushed red this time. "Lets go." Cher said as she took me and pulled me upstairs to get rid of the awkwardness we just shared with her grandma. We then laughed about it once we closed the bedroom door. "Wow. So that happened." I said as I let out a chuckle. "Surprisingly so." Cheryl replied with a laugh. "But maybe.. I'm kinda in the mood for dessert." Cheryl said as she got closer to me and pushed me up against the bedroom door with a seductive look in her eyes. I felt myself get really turned on as I forcefully connected our lips as we began making out. Her hands trailed down my body as she slipped her hand in my pants and began to finger my wet pussy. I let out a moan into her mouth as I let my head fall back and into the bedroom door. We continued making out as we then made our way to the bed. This night was going to be a good one.