The baby

A few months later...

Cheryl's POV:

Toni stared at me as I brushed my hair in the mirror. I was nervous about this....

"Babe, you ready?" She asked as she turned to me. I just nodded as I approached her and pecked her lips. With that, we got into my car and drove to the doctors. I can't believe I'm about to meet my child for the first time. My water broke and I was freaking out because I was about to meet him for the first time. and yes, the baby is a boy.

Once we arrived at the hospital, I felt my heart drop. "Hey.." Toni began as she reached for my hand. "It's gonna be okay baby. I promise." she finished as she stared into my eyes. I just let out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding and walked towards the main entrance. Once we were inside, we went over to the area where the doctors were and told them my water broke and they happily led us into a room.

Waiting made me anxious but it was okay, I was ready to do this. I was ready to be a mother. With that, they did the normal sonogram procedure and it was going well, or so I thought...

"Um.." the doctor nervously began, starting to clearly worry Toni and I. "Well? What is it?" Toni spoke for me. "It looks like your baby um... well, didn't make it." he said looking down. "What?!" I panicked as tears fell from my face. I started to freak out and Toni had tears forming in her eyes, "are you sure?" Toni said with a broken voice.

"Pretty sure." the doctor finished. "I can't do this right now." I said as I ran out of the doctors office. I felt Toni run after me and follow me to the bathroom where I was bawling my eyes out crying. "I can't believe this is happening Toni. Maybe I wasn't ready for the child but the child was ready for me and he's gone!" I said through sobs as Toni just wrapped her arms around me. I could feel my heart cracking inside of me and I fell to the floor, Toni coming right down with me. After I sobbed for a good ten minutes I felt Toni cup my face and connect our lips softly as my salty tears dripped down my face. I could tell Toni was heart broken too but she was trying to be strong for me. 

"I need to get out of here. I need to be alone for a little, I don't know how to react to this and I'm afraid to lash out or snap at you. Go, Toni.." I said as I looked into her eyes as even more tears formed. "No. I'm not leaving you. You need me right now and I promise I don't care what you do or say to me. It's never scared me away before." Toni finished. I knew she was right but I had to listen to my gut right now. I just looked down and without another thought, I stood up and turned to Toni, "I'll see you later." I finished as I then left the bathroom alone and ran out of the hospital and far away from it so Toni couldn't find me. I left my car in the parking lot as well and just found a random wooded area and ran deep into it.n Once I knew I was truly alone I put my head in my hands and just let it all come crashing down. I couldn't believe this was happening. First Archie rapes me and gets me pregnant, then I lose the baby before I even get to meet him? And on top of that I fucking told Toni to stay away, what is wrong with me. Why do I burn everything I touch? 

I really needed something...pills, alcohol, anything, but I promised Toni I would stay clean and sober so I couldn't even do that. I just sat there in the woods for hours till it was really dark. I decided I needed to talk to Toni, it wasn't cool what I said to her and she's not only my girl, but my best friend. So I got off the dirty ground, as I now had dirt all over my clothes, and began to walk back to thistle house. When I finally arrived, Toni was sitting on the stoop step with tears in her eyes. She ran up to me as soon as she saw me and gave me a big hug. "Babe I was so worried about you." She said as she held me tight. I just breathed her scent in and held her close and whispered, "I'm so sorry." 

She just whispered back, "It's okay Cher, I have good news!" Toni replied as she released me and looked into my eyes, still holding onto my arms. "The hospital called... They messed up--" Toni began but I cut her off, "Yeah, I'm aware. They killed my child." I said with hurt in my voice. "No, they didn't. They said on the phone they messed up the sonogram. You're with child! and we need to go back." Toni finished with a big smile on her face. I just looked at her as happy tears filled my eyes, "You're serious?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"Deadass. We need to go babe!" She said as I nodded and we got in my car, which she drove back to thistle house from the hospital. We pretty much sped the whole drive and arrived quite quickly. Once we parked and everything, we walked into the hospital and was met with the same doctor from earlier. "I'm so sorry about the screw up. I could've sworn the sonogram was read correctly." He said to us as we approached him. "It's not okay. You put me through about six hours of hell. I thought I actually lost my first child. That's not an okay feeling. It's not okay." I said as some tears fell. Toni just put her arm around me and brought me closer, "Can you just deliver our baby please." Toni said for me. 

He just sympathetically nodded and led us to the delivery room. He told me what to do as Toni stood by my bedside. I had my legs up on the thingy and waited for contractions and as soon as they began I kept pushing. A few minutes went by but finally a head popped out. "We're crowning." The doctor said with a smile. The baby had red baby hairs it was adorable. A few more pushes and the whole baby boy was out. "Oh my god, Caleb." I said with a smile as the doctor let me hold him. Toni smiled because we've been talking about that name choice for a while and both really liked it. But more importantly, we got to see our baby boy. We were officially mommies. After I held him for a little bit, Toni held him. Before she could say anything to the baby, Betty and Veronica walked in... followed by all the serpents. I just looked at them confused. "What are they--" I began but Toni cut me off.

"I texted them on the way here. They wanted to meet Caleb." Toni said with a smile. "His name is Caleb? How cute!" Veronica said as she came up to the baby and held him as well. Everyone was so happy for us and the one thing that made ME happy? Well, the third... (Toni and Caleb) 

Archie wasn't there. Not yet at least.....