78. Shiro- His Brother

"Oh, your brother's coming over to stay with us?" I asked Keith, my flatmate. He nodded.

"Yeah, he's only six, though. Six and one quarter, I guess."

"And... he's coming alone?" 

"Yup."

"Oh... isn't that kind of... dangerous?" I asked, concerned. 

"No, not at all. He can defend himself, since he's in the Army." I almost snorted but raised my hands up in defense. Can't crush a kid's dreams, you know?

"Alright, when's he coming?"

"In about an hour, so expect to meet him."

__

The doorbell rang an hour later and Keith went to grab it. I smiled, imagining the little kid in a cute little military uniform, with all the plastic medals and stuff. 

"(Y/N), meet my brother, Shiro." I smiled and turned around, drinking from a cup of water I had in my hand. I did not fucking see a little toddler, but a grown-ass man in a traditional army uniform. I suddenly spit the water out in surprise and flung the cup all the way across the room. 

I started to hyperventilate and cough in surprise.

"Oh my god, Miss, are you alright?!" 'Shiro' said, urgently, patting my back.

"Whom the... fuck..." I gasped, pointing to the man, "Are... you?!" 

"Didn't Keith already tell you? My name is Shiro, his brother."

"Keith told me you were six!" I shouted, glaring daggers at the Korean male. He started to snort and laugh ridiculously. 

"Keith!" Shiro said with a red face, "I told you already! Don't tell people that I'm six, they get confused!"

"It was an opportunity too good to pass up!" Keith cackled, clutching his stomach and bending down, almost toppling over with laughter. I groaned and slapped my hand against my head, my face pink with embarrassment written all over.

"But how exactly is Shiro six?" I sighed, gesturing to him. "Like, does he eat testosterone pills for breakfast?" Keith perked up and laughed a little bit more before calming down.

"Oh, he's born on February 29, so that makes him 4. If he wasn't born on the leap year schedule, he'd be 24." Realization dawned on me and I turned to Shiro again.

"Nice to formally meet you, Commander," I said, noticing the stripes on his cuff. He smiled and shook my hand. 

"It's also a pleasure to meet you too, (Y/N)."

__

We decided to go to a restaurant to celebrate Shiro coming back. I tried to dress nicely, wearing a plain black dress with some ballet flats to match.

"So what department of the military do you work in?" I asked, stirring my drink with a straw. 

"Oh, I joined the Air Force. It's an honor to be serving our country, really." I giggled and placed my hands in my lap, looking at his chiseled face.

He was REALLY good looking, my gosh. And his undercut made me weak at the knees. 

Keith was always talking about him, and I assumed he was a really good guy as well. Brave, deserving, and honest. My thoughts were interrupted by Shiro talking to me.

"Keith really does talk about you a lot on the phone, you know," he admitted, chuckling. "All your little habits, events that happen, and what things you like. I mean, I should thank you for putting up with him." Keith nudged his brother, frowning. I laughed.

"Well, it's no problem. I love having Keith as a roommate. He doesn't hook up with every other guy at our college, you know?" I joked, rolling my eyes at the mention of my previous roomie. "God, and they were freaking LOUD."

"I remember you telling me about this, Keith." Keith nodded and smirked.

"Luckily I saved your ass out of there, (Y/N)." I snorted and laughed.

"Hardly, Kogane. I was fine back there!" I snapped playfully, still giggling. "Besides, that was three years ago! I was a newbie in college." Keith laughed heartily again and took a sip of his martini.

"I can't really remember the last time you laughed that much, Kogane," I teased, smiling. 

__

"That was a great night," I said happily, strolling out of the restaurant. Shiro and Keith both nodded in agreement.

"We should really go there more often," Shiro commented, "It's a pretty nice place." I smiled at him.

"Yeah. It was pretty nice hanging out with you two. Probably best night I've had in a long time."

"But the beset night in your life was when you got wasted at the bar," Keith snickered. "We hit every bar in the city, remember?" I laughed loudly and socked his arm.

"You jerk! You had that planned out, bringing me the most alcoholic drink in existence!" 

"It was a great night, though," Keith sighed fondly, checking his phone. "Uh... I have to go to Lance's place. I'm staying the night there." I smiled again and nodded.

"Go ahead. We'll get home safely," I said. Keith grinned and called for a cab. Shiro and I waved goodbye and continued to walk. The male checked his watch and frowned.

"Do you want to call a cab?" he asked, looking at me. I shrugged.

"It's only a ten minute walk from here," I replied, scrunching up my nose. 

"Alright then. We'll walk." Shiro and I started to stroll along the sidewalk, making small conversations and having the occasional laugh or chuckle.

"I've never met someone like you, (Y/N)," Shiro suddenly commented. "Even when Keith talked about you, I thought you were a great person. Now, I think you're even better." I giggled. 

"Thanks for the compliment Shiro. I'm flattered, really." He scratched the back of his neck and laughed nervously.

"Do you think... we can continue talking and going out?"

"Yeah, of course!"

"Well, I want to take you somewhere tomorrow."

"With Keith?"

"No, no... Just us." I blushed and smiled. 

"It's a date."