105. Paladins- Sick in Bed

(Requested)

ehehehe

and yooooooo bruh asians don't raisin like omg i wanna be like that

hopefully i inherit some genes from my mom and pops for me to not look 67 when i'm 23

:')

__

"Help me, oh my god-" I kept on dry heaving into the toilet, groaning, head pounding as I tried not to cry again. Shiro was at my side, patting my back and rubbing circles along my neck, trying to calm me down.

"I think it's over," I panted, flushing all the vomit and nasty bile down the porcelain bowl, staggering up to the sink and washing my face, cleaning out my mouth.

I coughed, spitting chunks of leftover food into the sink and rinsed it out, wetting a towel in the process and proceeded to put it on my head. Shiro hauled me up baby style, carrying my body in his arms, then laid me down on my bed.

"You feeling any better, (Y/N)?" I slowly shook my head, face all red with discomfort. He sighed and sat on the bed beside me, gently stroking my cheek. Keith walked in with some water and medicine pills, setting them besides me on the bedside table.

"How are you holding up? More medication? Just let the team know what we can do for you." He pressed his lips quickly onto my cheek and glanced at Shiro for a second, looks of pity being exchanged. I coughed and sputtered out, nearly fainting. My eyelids grew heavy as my chest started to feel like it was closing up again.

"It's so cold," I whispered, shivering, despite my skin feeling so warm to the touch. "Shiro, help..." The older male pulled the blanket over my body, adding more and more layers until the inside was basically baking.

My nose scrunched up as I felt the urge to sneeze, but only was met with no relief. I reached an arm out and took the pill and a glass of water, gulped it down and went back to my original position, with Shiro watching over me like a hawk.

"Better?" I nodded, mustered a smile and went back to suffering.

__

"I'm really worried about (Y/N), they're not holding up too well," Pidge sighed, leaning her hand on a cheek and propping an elbow up for support. "Allura said in their condition, if it's an internal illness, she can't use the cryopods." Lance and Hunk groaned at the same time, also in distress and disarray.

"What are you going to do? I have no idea how to take care of a sick person because I lived with myself all my life and I never get sick!" Keith exclaimed, rubbing his face up and down in stress. "Heck, I don't even know how sicknesses work!" Coran patted his shoulder, twisting his mustache.

"Allura and I can't seem to figure out human illnesses either. I mean Alteans don't really just get sick out of nowhere." Keith sighed and smiled meekly, gingerly taking the ginger's hand off.

"Thanks Coran, but it's different for you and me." Hunk butted in, obviously mad that the group was getting off-topic.

"Okay, okay, back to our friend being sick?" The team resumed their usual chatter about the matter when Shiro came in, expression a bit lightened up.

"(Y/N)'s okay. They're stabilizing bit by bit, slowly, but steadily. Temperature dropped by five degrees." Everyone gave a sigh of relief as they headed towards the room.

"Be quiet, they've finally started to sleep." Shiro placed an index finger to his mouth, signaling silence. The rest of the paladins nodded and just peered around the corner, giggling or giving silent "awwws" or cheers of relief as they saw (Y/N)'s sleeping figure.

"Do they need anything? We can get them something, right? Food, water-" Quiet hisses of "no's" were heard in the tiny collage of people.

"I brought them soup and (Y/N) just vomited it out again. Wait 'till they recover, then they'll be able to eat," Hunk whispered, raising a finger. Everyone just nodded and continued to stare at the sleeping beauty until they turned in their sleep, making the hallway jump in fear that they might've woken (Y/N) up.

"Okay, okay, we should probably go now," Lance murmured, tip-toeing down the hallway. The paladins, along with Coran and Allura followed his footsteps back to the commons, finally flopping onto the couch, content that their friend was safe and feeling much better after almost puking their guts out.

"Let's just get stuff done and work while (Y/N) sleeps. Don't be too loud, though."

__

I yawned, no longer feeling the need to go to the bathroom or throw up. Smacking my lips, I realized my room was filled with the scent of savoriness coming from the kitchen. Almost bolting to the living room, still in my pajamas, I arrived with everyone staring at me, still doing their thing.

"(Y/N)! You're awake!" The wind was knocked out of me as Pidge tackled my torso, laughing.

"You had no idea how worried all of us were!" she shrieked, burying her face in my chest. I smiled and hugged her head, resting my cheek atop all the messy hair. Soon enough the whole room was clustered around me, cheering because I was feeling better.

"Okay, okay! I can't feel my lungs!" I shouted, traces of laughter embroidered into the statement. The paladins let go, still looking at me with happy gazes.

"We're just so glad you're alright, (Y/N). Man, I haven't been that worried since Veronica was home with the flu that one time." I patted Lance's back and ruffled his hair.

"Hey, I'm strong, I can take care of myself!" I grinned at everyone, sincerely bursting with joy, until my stomach growled, making my face flare up again.

"Looks like someone's hungry," Hunk chuckled, picking up his spoon again. "I won't blame ya after throwing everything up out of your stomach. Get changed and we'll have dinner." He shot me a glance, hugging me for a few seconds and headed back to the kitchen. I nodded and made my way back to my room, feeling more refreshed than ever.

Man, I love those kids.