117. Shiro- Hanahaki

(Heavily Requested)

i'm such a bad author

i'm such a bad author -!

i left y'all hanging for SUCH A LONG TIME I STG

i'm super sorry and i promise i'll write more soon :')))

please bear with me! i'm busy at the moment and haven't had time to update, but i will soon!!!

love you guys for being so patient :')

__

There were times that I only felt lovesick, or just heartache. Quiet times in space where the only thing I would be able to focus my dull eyes on were him. There were always days where I couldn't focus, where I'd lay in my room and played music that reminded me of everything that I felt. Sometimes I even wrote songs for him. I wrote countless ballads and love songs for him. But none of them were good enough. None of them until I composed "Petunia."

It was a song in which I could really imagine who I was singing to. I could know how I really felt for the first time. It hit me like a stack of bricks in the head. I'd actually never known what a petunia flower looked like. But somehow it just fit. Delicate purple petals, strong stalk, tiny leaves with a bold exterior...

Once I'd imagined it, though, my heart began to hurt and I started coughing.

__

This was the fifth day where I couldn't eat anything. I don't think anyone has noticed, since normally I eat at irregular times of the day, not with everyone else. But I'm sure they soon will begin to see my appearance differ. The fifth day, and I can already see the faint outline of my ribs. My cheeks are beginning to slope in, making my face appear gaunt and unhealthy. My skin is now the usual tone, but a bit gray.

Looking in the mirror, I used my index and thumb, gagging, to pick a stray petal out of my throat. Petunia flowers filled the sink and overflowed the toilet, creating this garden within my private bathroom. It was beautiful, but still reminded me of the pain I went through every day. The pain of not having his affection, his love, his adoration. It was beautiful to see him smile. It was beautiful to see him laugh. Everything he did was beautiful.

Just like the flowers.

But the pain... only I endured.

I sighed, flushing the toilet and shoving the petals down the sink, turning on the faucet, washing my face, looking up at the mirror, pressing at my skin. I sighed again and turned off the water and dried my face. Still in my sleepwear, I went out into the commons and yawned.

Surprisingly, there was someone there. Him. Shiro. Takashi. My foot didn't even touch the ground once more as I felt another surge of petals coming up and out of my throat. I retched and gagged, slapping a hand over my mouth, dashing back to my room. Shoot, shoot, shoot, I'm not going to make it.

I couldn't hold it in anymore. In the middle of the intersection of my room and the others, I threw up petunia flowers, whole and petals, stems and leaves intertwined with each other, making colorful wreaths of sickness and disease. As flower-fields flew out of my mouth as I heaved, stomach, chest, throat burning like magma had touched the fine flesh inside, I heard a door opening and someone gasped.

Tears were leaking out of my eyes in bright purple hues as my mind screamed at my legs to carry my body out of there, but I was too weak to be able to. I stumbled a bit, trying to crawl while still seeing all purple, petals falling out of my mouth as I made tiny whimpering and gagging noises, struggling to breathe.