O N E

You sigh as you stare at the paper work on your desk. You lean back in your chair, thinking of somehow you could procrastinate or not have to do the work completely. You stand from your desk and head to the break room to grab yourself a coffee. As you wait on the machine to brew you feel someone's shoulder brush against yours as they walk toward you. You look up;confused. A guy leans against the counter beside you;he has a smirk on his face. His strong cologne quickly greets you and so does he,

"You new here?" he finally speaks up,he's a little too close for your comfort but you tolerate it.

"Yes, I was transfered here." you give a gentle yet nervous smile, still cautious of this guy

"What's your name?"

"I'm...uh.. (Y/N) (Y/L/N). I'm a detective here..." you finally pour yourself the coffee once it's done brewing, you begin to make it the way you like.

"I'm Gavin. Gavin Reed. I'm also a detective," he smiles, "You seem a bit shy, there's no need to be,(Y/N)."

"(Y/L/N) is fine," you take a sip of your coffee, "I..I need to get back to work." you start to walk back to your desk, he follows.

"You said you transfered? How come?" he leans over your desk once you've sat down

"I'm going to be assigned to a new line of detective work soon."

"Huh. That seems nice." you can tell he's trying to make verbal communication but you can't help but feel awkward. He makes you a bit uncomfortable if you're honest,

"I...suppose." you set your coffee down and pretend to be busy,hoping he'll leave you alone. Before your torment can go on much longer, Captain Fowler calls for you.

"I guess I'll just have to catch you later." he smirks at you and gives a wink before he leaves, you roll your eyes in relief and quickly make your way to Fowler's office. You enter;closing the door behind you. You take a seat.

"Welcome to the DCPD, detective  (Y/L/N)."

"Thank you, Captain Fowler. I'm honored to get to be a part of the task force, it's been a big change for me but I'm more than willing to adapt."

"That's great to hear," he gives you a slight smile, "I'm assigning you something I think you can handle, based on your previous experience."

"Yes," you nod, "I'm excited to hear what I'll be working on." you gently smile, confident that whatever you're assigned you'll be able to handle

"You'll be working on homicide and calls involving Androids. Both crimes whether Android on Human or Human on Android. I hope you'll be able to work alongside your partners?"

"Uh..partners..?"

"Yes, you'll be working with Lieutenant Hank Anderson and RK800."

"Oh, I see. Well you won't have to worry about any trouble with partnership, I work quite well with others."

"That's good to hear," he nods in understanding, "Well, you can go see Lieutenant Anderson for your first case."

"Yes, sir. Thank you for being so welcoming." you stand from your seat

"Thank you for not giving me a hard time, keep it up." he semi jokes

you give a smile before you exit his office, shutting the door behind you. You're surprised that you'll be working with an Android if you're honest, you've never done that before. Of course there were Androids in the workplace in your old job but you never had much interaction with them. This would be a new experience for you. You quickly found Lieutenant Anderson's desk, but he was nowhere to be seen so you took a seat hoping he'll show up soon.

"Can I help you?" a man finally approached, his gruff voice was a bit grumpy

"Oh, are you Lieutenant Anderson?" you question

"Yea, that's me." he sits in his chair

"I was told I'd be working alongside you in Android related cases...I hope that won't be a problem."

"Jesus, another partner, " he puts his hand to his forehead, "What's your name, kid?"

"I um..I'm detective (Y/N) (Y/L/N)." you answer, a bit nervous if you're honest. He's a bit intimidating.

"I'm Hank," he sighs, "And that's Connor." he points behind you, you look to see an Android. He's the RK800 that the Captain mentioned, as you can see on his suit.

"H-hello." you greet him, you didn't even notice he was standing there, it was a bit alarming if you're honest

"Hello, nice to make your acquaintance." he motions his hand out to you as he finally says, you stand and shake his hand;surprised by the feeling of his skin. You've seen androids on the street before, especially now that they have equal rights, but this one was..different from the ones you've seen before. He seemed a bit more....robotic for some odd reason.

"I..um..thanks.." you smile up at him, and he returns the gesture.

"Have you ever met an android?" Hank questions, you turn back to look at him

"No,sir. Not in particular...I mean I've come across them but--"

"I can tell. You're being so goddamn awkward about it." he chuckles

"Sorry, I guess I'm a bit nervous." you smile, feeling a bit ridiculous

"Ms.(Y/L/N), I can assure you that there is absolutely nothing to be nervous about. I'm friendly." Connor gives a gentle smile, making you feel even more nervous. You smile back though.
You stand there in silence before looking to Lt.Anderson,

"Any files that I can maybe take a peek at?"

"Yea, a couple..I can send them over to your terminal." he turns in his chair and begins to type on his computer
you look up at Connor, he blinks rapidly as his LED becomes yellow, it returns to the natural light blue color

"Sorry to interrupt but I've just gotten a report of a disturbance. An android and human have been reported to be having a dispute that could possibly become violent."

"Oh great," Hank groans,standing up, "It's too early for this shit." he begins to walk out the police station, you follow him and Connor trails behind

you look down at your watch,
"It's 4 in the evening..."

"And..?"

You quietly laugh as you exit the police station.