F I V E

You sat at your terminal; doing tedious desk work. You hated staying in the office and doing boring work. You believed it couldn't get worse but it did, the detective you spoke to the other day approached your desk. You focused more, hoping he'd go away.

"Hey, (Y/N). You look really stressed." he spoke, a smirk on his face

"I'd prefer (Y/L/N), " you warned, knowing you had told him this before, "And yes, I suppose I am working pretty hard."

He sat on your desk;looking down at you as you kept your eyes on your work,
"Maybe once you're done...we can go..grab a drink? It's on me."

"I don't think that'd be very...professional, Detective Reed." you replied

"We're two grown adults, with all due respect I think it's fine for us to just get a drink. It doesn't have to be anything more than that, does it?" he tried to persuade, you knew that it wasn't his first intension to only get drinks though.

you looked up at him;you didn't protest because you knew it'd only make him persist more,
"I'll think about it, Detective R--"

"Just call me Gavin, please." his smirk grew

"I," you cleared your throat and looked back at your work, "If that's what you want."

He chuckled at how nervous you seemed,
"Well let me know when you're finished."

"Okay." you looked up to see Connor and Hank enter and make their way to their desks; you smiled to yourself. They were quite the pair. You looked toward Gavin and watched as a scowl spread across his face as he watched Connor, you furrowed your eyebrows but kept quiet. Connor looked at you and slightly smiled before he approached.

"Goodmorning, (Y/N)," he turned his head to look at Gavin, "Detective Reed."

"Good morning, Connor." you smiled at him

"How are you? Did you rest well last night?"

"I'm fine, Connor," you quietly laughed under your breath, "And, I believe so. Thank you for asking."

"Hank and I were wondering if you'd like to accompany us for lunch?"

"Lunch? You just got here."

"Yes, but it's technically time for Lieutenant's lunch break."

You chuckled and nodded,
"Uh..sure. I could go for a bite to eat. Just let me finish up here."
Connor nods and walks back to his desk.

"You're going to go get lunch with them?" Gavin finally spoke up

"Well they're my partners..it's important that we get along." you stood up and grabbed your jacket from the back of your seat

"You're partners with that plastic prick?" He chuckles, "I feel bad for you."

"Excuse me?" you look up at him

"What? Did I offend you?" he looks as if he finds the thought of you being offended ridiculous

"Connor is nice. You shouldn't be so rude..."

"It doesn't matter, he's just plastic," He chuckles again, "What, don't tell me you actually think he has feelings?"

You sigh; pulling the jacket onto yourself, "Look...I...I need to go. Thanks for the small talk though, Detective Reed." you try your best to be polite, but honestly you're already put off by this guy. He seems like a bit of a jerk. He rolls his eyes and scoffs as he gets up and leaves.
You walk over to Connor and Hank,

"What are we getting to eat, boys?" you smiled at them

"What?" Hank looked at you;confused

"Connor said that you guys wanted me to go to lunch with you?"

"Oh," he glared at Connor before rolling his eyes with a smirk, "Well I know this good food truck."

"Okay," you smiled and moved out his way, "Lead the way."

You watched as Hank talked to the food truck worker, they seemed to know each other.

"I'll just have whatever you're having," you looked up at Connor as he stood beside you "Did Hank really invite me out?" you whispered to him

"I may have...embellished a bit," he softly smiled, "Really..I just wanted you to come with us. It's important that we get along in order to receive the best results when we're partnered together."

"That's..really sweet, thank you Connor." you softly grinned to yourself, brushing your hair behind your ear

"Okay, here. It's on me this time." he chuckled as he handed you a drink and box before walking over to a table. You opened the box once you stood at the table with him.

"Thankyou Hank," you looked over at Connor, "Do..you eat?" you questioned before taking a bite of the cheeseburger Hank had ordered for you. He opened his mouth to speak before Hank answered.

"No, he usually stares at me while I eat my lunch..like a creep," Hank chuckles lightly, "Or he talks too much."

You laughed,
"That must suck..not being able to eat?"

"Well..I wouldn't know. I've never experienced the need for food so I don't even know what I'd be missing out on."

"Alot of good foods." you laughed lightly

Connor's LED flashed yellow as he blinked rapidly

You looked over at Hank,
"Does that always happen when he gets a call?" you asked curiously with a grin on your face

Hank nodded and chuckled before Connor spoke up,
"Lieutenant, we got a report of suspicious activity from an android. The person that made the call says--"

"Just. Fill me in when we get in the car." Hank mumbled, sighing as he wouldn't get to finish his burger. You closed the box, deciding you'd save it for later.

"Well, let's get a move on shall we..?" you looked up at Connor and he nodded and lead the way back to the car.