F O R T Y T H R E E

[First chapter back!! I've revised and rewritten this part so I advise you to reread it even if you did before!]

You jumped up from your pillow to look at your phone, not even knowing you had fallen asleep. It was late into the night, almost midnight, you sighed and laid back down. You looked over to the other side of your bed to see a figure laying next to you...the outline of a familiar shape. You rubbed your eyes, assuming you were seeing things before quickly turning on the bed side lamp just for whatever you saw to be non-existent. You quickly left the bed and hurried into the kitchen, noticing a note that laid upon your counter.

I came by to make dinner but you were asleep so leftovers are in the fridge, get as much rest as you can.
                                -Gavin

You sighed and sat the paper down..growing angry with yourself for crashing so hard even though you knew Gavin would understand. You rested your hand against the counter and sighed heavily, taking a deep breath as you squeezed your eyes shut. You had managed to keep yourself calm until you opened your eyes and quickly realizing something.
"No! No! Shit--" your stomach twisted as you noticed that the arm that was now gone had been wearing your bracelet. The one Connor made for you. You cursed multiple times under your breath  as you leaned over the counter, putting your forehead into your palm as your lip quivered. A broken sob escaped your lips and tears fell down your cheeks in a instant. You wiped your eyes, your body shaking as you paced around the house for your jacket that was thrown across the couch, pulling it on with a bit of struggle..which only made you want to cry more. You called for a taxi once you walked outside and headed to the bar. You struggled a bit once again but managed to get inside the establishment just fine. You took a seat front and center at the bar, all you could think about was numbing yourself with alcohol; although not the best habit to indulge in you didn't care very much..it was all you knew to do.
"Can I have a glass of the strongest drink you have?" you asked nervously, hoping he wouldn't stare at you too long. To be quite frank..you looked like shit.

The bartender took a glance at you before he nodded, looking at the selection the bar had to offer before grabbing a tall bottle before placing a clean glass in front of you, filling it completely. He could see you needed it, so he left the bottle with you too before attending to the other patrons. You knocked back the whole glass in one long, continuous gulp. At first you coughed at the burning that went down into your throat and heated up inside chest but that didn't stop you. Your body grew warmer and warmer and you were already losing comprehension of anything with every drink you poured again and again. You hung your head, glad that this was working temporarily, it was numbing you. You took a drink and placed the glass down, grabbing the bottle by it's neck to lift it so that you could pour yourself what was left. You felt a hand touch your shoulder and your blurry vision was met by someone. You could make out the broad shoulders of the person but everything else was blank on you as you struggled to focus on him, you didn't even know what he was saying. You pulled your shoulder from under his touch.

 You tried to stand up from the bar but your knees quickly gave out and you knocked over your drink but the person who spoke caught you quickly.

"Noooo..I spilt it..." You slurred in disappointment; a small frown apparent on your face.

"I think you should come with me, there seems to be copious amounts of alcohol in your system." the voice was familiar but deep and it was foggy along with your mind. It was...robotic and lacked emotion.

Your vision was blurred and you could only make out a soft blue light near his face, however you couldn't connect the dots..
"Do I......know you?"