F O U R T E E N

The car ride was surprisingly quick and somehow you got to enjoy some of Gavin's dumb jokes. You even got to make fun of his lousy singing to some of what you assume were his favorite songs. You smiled, "Thanks for the ride,dork."  you unbuckled your seat belt and opened your door,before you could get out Gavin called your name

"Hey...maybe we could...um," he shrugged, "Hang out again?" 

You looked away to think on it before lightly smiling, "Yea...maybe." you quietly laugh and quickly got out and shut the door

"Is that a yes or a no?" he yelled out the window to you as you walked up toward the crime scene. You turned to him to give a shrug with a smile on your face before continuing to the scene. You showed the officers on scene your badge for clearance before going to look for Connor and Hank. You immediately found Connor as he was testing a blood sample. You walked over to him and kneeled down next to him but out of his view to wrap your hands around his face;covering his eyes.

"Guess who."

"I recognize your voice ,Y/N."

You moved your hands and pouted,
"Well that's no fun."

Connor remains serious and he looks at you, "Where were you?"

"I was out, I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

"Hopefully not. I was...worried." he furrows his eyebrows

You softly smile at the concern, "I'm sorry."

"It's alright." his LED blinked yellow as he seemed to think and he opened his mouth to say something but he didn't have the chance as Hank entered the room

"Anything interesting, Connor?" he questioned the android before looking at you, "Finally you're here Y/N." he gave you a weak smile

You nodded and looked at Connor for his answer, "Yes. I believe that the android that got away on our case before last has been here. Not only is the victims blood here but there's traces of blood from our previous victims here. From....the bodies that Y/N found behind that house."

"So he killed these people too?! Why though? I mean they have nothing to do with him."

"Maybe he doesn't have a motive," you spoke up, "Maybe he's just blood thirsty."

"If that's the case we really need to catch him before there's more blood shed." Connor replies

Hank sighs, "Connor see if you can find any traces of thirium, it'd help to at least know it's model."

"Yes, I'll do that right away,Lieutenant." he stands up and leaves the room;staring down at the floor for traces of the evaporated substance.

You sigh and stand and look at Hank as he's stood in the doorway, "Kid, if you dont feel comfortable me and Connor can handle this case alone..."

"What? Why wouldn't I feel comfortable..?"

"Because of last time....those--" he cleared his throat, "The things you saw.. it may not have been the end of that gruesome shit."

"I...I dont have a choice Hank, its my job. I'm a detective, it's expected. "

"You can do the paper work instead."

"What?! No. I'm not going to just do paper work, that's ridiculous!" You walk past him and toward the next room just for him to stop you by grabbing your shoulder

"Seriously, Y/n... i wouldn't." he referenced to going into the room
You sighed,"Hank...I'll be just fine." you replied

You walked up to the room and Connor stepped in between you and the doorway;blocking your view

"I don't think it'll be good for you,either."

"Connor." you warned

"I'm serious. I don't think you should--" you ignored him of course as you tried your best to peer behind him and then you understood the multiple warnings. Lots of the dark,thick, red liquid covered the room and there lied the victims. If they wouldn't have been so grusomely beheaded you could probably deal with something like this. All that blood, the decapitations....it made it so much worse. Everything went quiet around you as you stood there;staring at all that gore. You could see Connor from the corner of your eye and his mouth was moving but everything was too muted to know what he was saying. You stepped back and rushed out of the house, you dropped to your knees in the grass of the yard. Everything came up at once and you spilled the contents from your stomach onto the ground. You felt tears burn your eyes and a hand on your shoulder, then slowly all the sound in the area returned to you at once. Your shaky hand reached up to wipe your mouth and you peered up at the concerned android.

"Y/n. I think it'd be best if you dropped this investigation. It's not good for you." he warned

'N-no. I need to--" your voice quivered and you couldn't even speak because of the huge lump that remained in your throat

"I'll take you home." his arm wrapped around your waist and he gripped his hand around your frame before slinging your arm around his neck. He pulled you up onto your weak knees; they wobbled before giving out and you collapsed with Connor holding onto you.

"I...I...please just give me a moment," you took a breath and looks into his eyes, "You should continue your work. I'll have someone take me."

"Are...you sure?" the worried expression remained on Connor's face

"Yes. Don't worry about it."

"Okay....please call me when you get there."

"Okay,Connor."

He untangled himself from you and let go before slowly returing to the inside of the house. You could tell he didn't want to leave you. You pulled out your phone and unlocked it, your hands shaking badly. You called Gavin since he was the only other person you knew, and it surprised you a bit that he seemed to care that your voice was shaky and fearful.
"I'll be right there, Y/n." he exclaimed after you explained and he hung up. You remained on your knees in the grass as you waited.