T H I R T Y N I N E

[sorry this took so long, I'm dying. also sorry for any errors I dont have the energy to check over this long chapter]

Your morning at work starts with an immediate call for your team by Captain Fowler. You quickly stand and you, Connor, and Hank enter the glass office.
"Anderson and Y/L/N... I only really need you two, the android isn't necessary."

Connor looks a bit concerned but apologizes before leaving.
"W-What is it?" you question; confused by why Connor wasn't needed.

"We checked in on that car and tracked down the person who sold it to the victim, we got in contact and we'll need you two to go see him." Fowler held a paper with the man's address, Hank took it from him

"Seriously?! That's a two hour drive, and that's minus the fuckin traffic!" Hank looked annoyed

"Well lucky for you, you'll have Ms. Y/L/N to keep you company." the boss straightened some papers on his desk

"Okay well, why can't Connor come?" you question

"Well Mr. Garner doesn't like androids, I don't blame him considering that victim he sold the car to was a close family friend. I recommend you keep the android here."

You rolled your eyes and crossed your arms,
"He has a name, sir."

"Excuse me?" he looked at you, bothered by your tone

Hank looked to you to watch the way you speak with Fowler, you sighed
"I just mean that...it'd be easier if you called him by his name," you suggested sweetly, "I mean there's multiple androids that work in the station, it'd just probably be more convenient...?"

"Ah, I see...well then--I would recommend that you leave the Connor model and go on your own."

You nodded and once he gave you a bit more information you and Hank left his office,
"What did Captain Fowler have to say?" Connor quickly asked as you both walked past him

"We have to go all the way outta town to see if we can get any information from a person that knew the victim."

"You have to stay here unfortunately," you sighed, "The guy doesn't like androids, I'm pretty sure he'd flip. I can't blame him though, I mean...one killed his friend quite brutally."

Connor's LED spun yellow for a second,
"How long will you two be gone?" he asked, a bit of worry apparent in his features

"Probably like two to four hours, it depends on traffic and how much he talks really," you looked to Hank, "I'm gonna go fix up some things and then I'll be ready to go, alright?"
the older man nodded to you before you went to your desk. Connor made sure you were further away before speaking,
"You'll look after Y/n for me right, Hank? I know she's better but I still worry--I-I don't want her to get hurt, not anymore."

Hank smiled and patted the android's shoulder in confidence; attempting to calm him,
"Of course I will, I promise it to you. "

The android nodded,
"Thankyou, Hank. I'll review the evidence in our possession while you two are gone, to make sure there isn't anything we've missed. Then I'll go home and take care of Sumo."

"We'll probably pick up something to eat on our way home so don't worry about that."
The android nodded and went back to his desk, you walked up to Hank as you pulled your jacked on.

"Let's do this." you smiled at him and he playfully rolled his eyes as you two left the building. You first stopped at the gas station to fill up on fuel, then on the road you both went. It was sort of quiet, the ride, you looked at the condensation on the window and began to draw on the cold glass.