S I X

You followed in behind Hank as you approached the house. It was big. It was possible the Android was armed and dangerous considering the report said that they were covered in blood. You watched as he knocked...nothing.

"Detroit Police, open up!" he yelled and knocked again before sighing,"It's never that fuckin' easy," he pulled the gun from his holster and you did the same, "Stay behind. Got it?" He looked at you and Connor and the both of you nodded in unison. He busted open the door with a kick and entered, gun pointed and ready to shoot. He looked around before lowering his gun.

"I think we're gonna have to check the rooms..it's a big house," you shrug as you suggest, "He could still be here."

"We'll split up to cover more ground. I advise you keep Connor with you but you're an adult so, " he shrugs, "Do whatever you want." he walks across the room to a closed door

"I'm coming with you whether you want me to or not, (Y/N)." Connor said , not giving you a chance to protest..even if you weren't going to.

You nodded,
"Okay, Connor. I say we leave Hank to do the downstairs." you headed toward the spiral staircase in the house..it was a very fancy place.

"I believe I should lead." he quickly said before you began up the steps

"What?" you looked at him.

"I said I should lead."

You scoffed, a slight smile of disbelief on your face,
"That's ridiculous..I'm the one with a gun."

"Yes, while that is true. It would be..safer..for you if I led."

"Connor, I know you're trying to...'protect' me or whatever but I've done this before..I was trained to," you began to walk up the stairs, "We're wasting time talking about it anyway."

He quickly followed behind,
"(Y/N), please listen to me.."

"Connor, enough. I appreciate it but my line of work naturally puts me in danger, you can't do anything to change that. I know you feel guilty or something but you're not responsible for me, you're my partner not my protector." you softly spoke;almost a whisper just in case the android was nearby

Connor stayed quiet, you sighed; worried you had...hurt his..feelings?
You reached the top of the steps and quickly noticed drops of blood trailing to a door, you stood on one side of it and gestured Connor to stand on the other side. He did as you instructed;looking confused.

"The best way that you can make sure what happened last time doesn't happen again is if we work together. I protect you, you protect me..because we're partners." you whisper with a smile

he looks even more confused
"But--"

"We'll talk about it later. We got work to do right now."

he nodded and watched as you opened the door, you gasp at the sight of the body on the floor of the room. You gesture Connor to check on it as you make sure the room is clear, once you do you quickly make your way to his side. You kneel down next to him.

"She's just unconscious, she's losing a lot of blood." he reached for his tie

"No, use this." you quickly unbuckled your belt and pulled it through the loops of your jeans before handing it to him. You held the woman's leg steady as Connor wrapped your belt around her leg;making sure it was tight enough to stop the blood from flowing so fast.

He spoke out loud;making a call for an ambulance
"They'll be here soon."

"Great," you looked at the stab wounds on her leg, "That's a weird place to stab someone...what do you think happened?"

He stared at the wound before looking towards the door,
"I'm not sure. I know that she rushed in here and collapsed."

"Okay...do you want to stay here while I keep checking the rooms?" 

"No, she should be fine. I'll go with you." he stands with you and you both exit the room. 
You check the next room. Clear. You move onto the room after that, you try to open the door but it's locked.

"Can you..?" you looked toward Connor, he nodded

"Stand back." he tells you and you do as told. He kicks the door open to reveal the suspect, he pushes you back quickly and charges after him but the android quickly jumps out the window that he was previously trying to get open. You quickly run after Connor to stop him but he's already out the window.

Shit

You quickly run out the room, knowing you wouldn't make it jumping out the window. You quickly ran down the steps, passing a confused and worried looking Hank.

"What the fuck was that noise?" he quickly asked

"The suspect jumped out the window, right through the glass!"

"Holy shit!"

"I got to go after Connor!" you quickly said

"Yeah, yeah don't let me stop you." he gestured for you to continue quickly
You nodded and ran out the house into the back yard, the large metal fence leading back there was locked. You sighed and had no choice but to climb it, you went up carefully and quickly made it on the side. You looked around, no sight of Connor...maybe you lost them. You looked down in defeat, quickly gasping aloud at the sight of  thick red blood on the grass. You put your gun up and followed the trail it began, it led you to a dumpster behind the house. You hesitantly got closer to it. Your heart had began to race;nervous of what you may find. You swallowed the dry lump that seemed stuck inside your throat. You put your hand on the closed lid and took a deep breath
1....
your heart raced faster
2...
you felt like it may burst out your chest
3..
You threw open the lid. Your eyes widened at the sight, you quickly backed away;letting the lid close. The sight was sickening..the bodies were sickening. You felt your stomach turn and you immediately felt the burning sensation come up your throat. You moved your head away before the vomit could come out your mouth. It was truly horrible.