T H I R T Y T W O

You jumped at the sound of loud clattering, causing you to spring out of bed. You called for Connor before rushing to the source of the noise. You looked at the kitchen that was in shambles and the lasagna that you assumed was previously dinner was now on the ground. The older man hissed and then cursed at the mess, you looked to Connor; still seemingly confused in your sleepy state,
"Hank was helping me with dinner.." the android nervously smiled, he quickly removed his now dirty apron.
"I'll get some towels." he quickly commented as he stepped over the mess. You followed behind him. Grabbing a smaller towl than him and telling him to come into the bathroom with you; he followes even though he was still confused. You wet the towel in warm water before bringing it up to his chin, wiping the mess that got there during preparation.

"So how did this happen?" you quietly laughed

"Hank wanted to help since you were sleeping, I told him it still was too hot but he insisted on taking it out the oven so.." he let a soft chuckle escape his lips

You smiled at the sound as it ran through the air, you leaned up to kiss him until you heard Hank.

"Uh, kids, what happened to the towels?!" he yelled from the kitchen

You and Connor broke away from eachother since you were awfully close before, you both quickly returned to the kitchen. You laughed at Sumo as he lapped and chewed at the meal. Hank reiterated that the mess needed to be cleaned before the android sprung into action, Hank began to put away the ingredients as the android cleaned.
"I guess we're having takeout, kid." 

You nodded, "I'll grab the menu and call them, you want the usual?"

"Yep." 
.  .  .
You and Hank ate your takeout as you all sat on the couch, having your usual movie night. You picked a horror movie this time around but you immediately regretted the decision as the experience was full of jumpscares. You jumped at a couple before you buried your face into Connor's shoulder. Asking if you could look yet, he smiled down at you and waited for the scene to pass before nodding. You laughed ,even if the movie was scary, it was nice to watch with what was now your family..
°
°
°
The next day was filled with nothing in partically interesting as you both got back from dropping Hank off at work, the two of you entered the home you had been staying in. You kicked off your shoes quickly.
"Y'know, my therapist says that if I continue to take my medication regularly I could possibly return to work soon. Though she recommends me taking things easy when I get back, I can't wait, " you sigh as you flop down on the couch, "I miss working with you guys. Being cooped up in the house all day just...isn't for me."

Connor nods he seems to think for a moment before he quickly takes your hand to bring you back to your feet,
"Hurry, put your shoes back on!"

"What?! Why? Is something wrong?" you quickly followed the android's instructions and slipped your feet back into the boots you were previously wearing. His sudden eagerness made you worry and without any words he pulled you back out the door, grabbing his keys.

"We need to go to your apartment."  his voice was still calm, despite his speed.

"Uh, okay then..why the rush?" you still were confused as you frantically opened your car door and climbed in. Connor climbed in as well before starting up the car and driving onto the road. You put on your seatbelt, knowing you'd get a reminder from him if you didn't.

"Well, it's a surprise. You just have to get dressed."

"You have a tendency of scaring me over nothing.." You quietly laughed as you relaxed and looking out the window

"Sorry, Y/n, that wasn't my intention." he quickly apologized

"It's fine." You sighed as the ride continued. You got out once he pulled up in front of your apartment, you leaned down to look at him in the car once he didn't budge.

"I'll stay in the car." he quietly said

"Well, can you at least tell me what I should wear?"

"Anything--you'd look stunning in anything."  he smiled up at you and you quickly rolled your eyes at this cheesy yet sweet comment

"Connor, seriously. Where are we going?" you quietly chuckled

"Well, just make sure--" he hesitated, "Make sure it's date appropriate.." You almost could've sworn that a tint of pink rose into his cheeks.

"Date? You're taking me on a date?" you were taken aback and almost squealed at the idea as a ridicously huge smile spread across your face

"Yes, would that be alright with you?"

" 'Alright with me'?! Yeah! Yeah, I'll be as quick as possible!" You quickly shut the car door and rushed up to your apartment in excitement. The android smiled to himself as he saw the joy inside of you. He began to search up ideas for dates since he actually had no idea what he was doing, this would be a very very new experience for him. Who would of expected a android programmed for detective work would be here looking through every search database in his system for what humans did on dates so that he could conduct one himself? He certainly would have never expected this, but happy he was nonetheless. He wouldn't have trade this for his former, more robotic, state that only cared about accomplishing a mission. The mission he was going to accomplish today though, was making you the happiest human possible.
...