S E V E N

You sat against the back of Hank's car..watching the red and blue flashing lights..
"Are you sure you don't want to get checked up, kid?" Hank asked

"I said..I'm fine." you whispered, truthfully that horrifying image was burned into your brain..

"You threw up quite alot...that wasn't your first time seeing dead people, you were fine at the last crime scene.."

"Of course I've seen bodies. A lot of them," you felt your heart drop into your stomach as you imagined the scene more vividly, "But...nothing...like that. All those bodies...all those parts...all that..blood." you noticed your body shaking and folded your arms in order to hold onto them. Trying to hold them still. Your blood felt cold and your heart wouldn't leave from your stomach.

Hank carefully put his hand on your shoulder, making you jump and tense a bit; you quickly relaxed,
"I'm sorry you had to see that then.." he softly spoke

"I...it's fine," you stuttered and shook your head of the image for a second to look up at him, "Where's Connor?"

"I'm not sure, I'll radio him.." he walked around to the driver side of his car, you got up and followed

You watched as he reached for the hand radio and spoke into it

"Connor..?" he called through the radio

You listened as Connor's voice crackled through the static,
"Yes, Hank?"

"Where the hell are you?"

"I was chasing the suspect but he got away."

"We got backup here. They'll search around a bit..come back here."

"I'll meet you at home. I'm pretty far away from there, Lieutenant."

"Whatever." Hank replied

It's just static until he turns off the radio.

"Can you take me home, please?"

"Of course," he gets in the car and you do the same, "Tomorrow we're going to the hospital to interview the girl you found upstairs, she's the only source we have right now. "

"Alright." you nodded, folding your arms tightly as you sighed

"It'll be alright." he gently said before starting up the car and beginning down the road. The ride was quiet as you weren't good for talk in that moment. You couldn't help but think about those bodies..the way that they were cut up. You rubbed the goosebumps that ran up your arms. You sighed before feeling the car come to a stop and hearing the gears shift into park.

You looked up at Hank and then out the window again,
"Here already?" you said;surprised

"Yeah. Were you hoping to be trapped inside a awkwardly silent car with me all night?" he joked sarcastically

You weakly smiled and decided not to be too much of a downer,
"Aww..what? I thought we were having fun."

he chuckled,
"Get out. I'll see you tomorrow." he jokingly demanded

You shook your head and rolled your eyes as you opened the car door,
"Goodnight, Hank. Let Connor know I said goodnight to him too." you got out the car and held the door open

"Alright. Goodnight."

you shut the car door and walked toward your apartment building, you walked up the stairs to your number. You took the keys from your pocket and opened the door. You squinted a bit as the automatic lights popped on. You sighed and walked to your room, stripping yourself down to your underwear and climbing into bed. You really didn't even feel like changing into your pajamas, you just wanted to shut off your brain. You laid there and shut your eyes...

Your eyes widened at the sudden ringing of the doorbell, you weren't able to get any sleep so you quickly stood. Looking at your phone to see that it was 12 am on the spot you looked confused.
You picked up a long pajama shirt that had be sprawled out on your floor and slipped it over your head. Ignoring pants and hoping it's no one important. You walked into your living room to get the door and opened. You looked up at him, surprised.